Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Zucchini Season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Grill
    replied
    Zucchini pancakes! Griddled them on cast iron over live fire; of course. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...es-recipe.html

Leave a comment:

• pjlstrat
    commented on 's reply
    bep35 I am not really a recipe guy. More like wing it. That said.....brown the sausage and drain off the fat. Use some of the fat to saute carrot, celery onion and garlic. once softened and fragrant add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. S&P to taste and a couple of bay leaves. add in the zucchini (chunked) and the sausage. Cook until the Zhuch is softened. Serve with a little hot sauce and enjoy. You can use any sausage u like but I use a nice fennel based italian.

• bep35
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t have a method that produces consistent results. Just that I prefer the taste of grilled zucchini over other methods, regardless of how over or under cooked it comes off the grill.

• bep35
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have a recipe for your zucchini stew?

• pjlstrat
    replied
    I love zucchini stew with pork sausage......Mouth is watering thinking about it!!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I love grilled zucchini. This is the season where I use it in almost every meal. Little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and some garlic powder.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Zucchini bread is the only eatable form.
    I know everyone has a recipe I will like..................not. Not a fan, no way, always ends up in a pile on the side of my plate. JMHO

Leave a comment:

• Le Grill
    replied
    We love grilled zucchini in slices with a nice char, but not burnt or mushy inside.

Anyone have any tips for getting a nice char w/o overcooking? I can't seem to consistently nail it.
    Salt before hand and try to blot off some water with paper towels? Or salt immediately before grilling?
    I usually grill veggies on my gas w/ GrillGrates

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    It up onion, bell pepper, zucchini, squash and mushrooms. Put in a zip lock bag with olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. Let marinate for a minimum of 4 hours.
    Cook on a flat top or on frog mats on a grill. Even just frying in a skillet with some Cajun seasoning and butter works. We eat this style of veggies 2-3 times a week.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Sliced longway, seasoned with AP Rub, then drizzled with EVOO and grilled.

Leave a comment:

• Pobeque
    replied
    Love grilled zucchini/squash. Look up Adam Perry Lang's recipe. If i can remember correctly....

Cut Zucchini into spears, marinate in chopped garlic, ginger, orange juice & soy sauce for 1-2 hours. Grill till done then drizzle with honey and grated pecorino

Another dish I actually made earlier in the week is a Provencal Tian, which is like a composed ratatouille. Its actually the dish that Lil Chef cooked in the movie. Below is a recipe I riffed off to make it

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...le-recipe.html

Leave a comment:

• SonOfAButcher
    replied
    This is one of my favorite Cucuzza recipes..
    Grilled Cucuzza
    Cherry Tomato
    Finely Chopped Onion
    Minced Garlic
    Diced Fresh Asiago
    Diced Prosciutto
    Light Dollop Good Seasons Salad Dressing

Mangia!!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on this
    a staple when we BBQ the usual greenies and finding I prefer the yellow variety now

• Cheef
    replied
    I love to do them the easy way.
    3 zooks sliced 1/4 inch thick
    1 Vidalia onion sliced 1/4 inch thick.
    1 packet ranch dressing mix.
    1.5 tablespoons olive oil.
    Mix it up and let it set on the counter for a few hours.
    Into the oven or smoker for an hour or 2 and excellent side dish.
    I will stick them in the smoker for the last 2 hours or so when I'm doing ribs.
    Last edited by Cheef; August 14, 2020, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Spiralize and toss with olive oil or sauce. Season with S&P and add shrimp or...

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here