Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tequila Coleslaw - Bringing everyone together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tequila Coleslaw - Bringing everyone together

Are you in the vinegar camp?
    Can't live without your mayonnaise base?
    Counting your calories?

Good news friends! The best of both worlds is here! I love me a creamy coleslaw, and my BF abhors mayonaise with an almost violent passion.
    We both LOVE this coleslaw. I mentioned it in another post so I thought it was only fair to post it.

smarkley mentioned on a coleslaw recipe he ads a shot of whiskey. I could imagine that would also go really well here I might try that next!

This goes great with anything (especially tacos though!) except maybe a kid's party. Even so..

Ingredients

1/4 cup canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 tablespoon silver tequila
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw

I used regular mayonnaise. I think the canola is for the lower calories? Turned out fine and tasty regardless!
    A splash of tequila adds spirit and complexity (we urge you not to leave it out) to Tequila Slaw with Lime and Cilantro, while lime juice's zing perks up earthy cabbage. And grab a bag of packaged coleslaw mix to save time. Serve Tequila Slaw with Lime and Cilantro on tacos, alongside barbecue chicken, with grilled flank or skirt steak, or with (or on) burgers.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here