Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Artichokes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Artichokes?

Ok, so my family thinks I am the Einstein of Brisket would like me to expand my menu. Last night we enjoyed a "smoked" artichoke at Mediterranean themed restaurant here in Ann Arbor. I did a quick search for a recipe and could only come up with one that called for liquid smoke. Liquid smoke ain't gonna happen at my house! So here is my idea. Prepare as usual with Italian breadcrumb stuffing and Parmesan. Either steam inside for 30 minutes and transfer to the smoker or just put the steamer and artichokes in the smoker until done. I have a Traeger so getting the temperature high enough to steam is not a problem. My wife is Sicilian so if I can pull this off I'll score major points with La Familia. Any thoughts out there?

Reviving an old thread. I also have an artichoke that I would like to cook on the grill. Is the best way to boil 15 minutes, brush with butter and garlic, and grill over direct heat? That seems to be the most common prep from a quick search online. I'm open to any other ideas.

Comment

I've done the boil/steam then grill thing. I think it just ruined an otherwise perfectly good artichoke. And I really like artichokes.

You must have liked the one at the restaurant though. I'll be interested to hear what you come up with.

Oh now I see it's an old thread. Would love to hear anyone's ideas though.

Mark N

Comment

I had this artichoke dish in San Francisco years ago that was incredible. I seem to recall it being fried and even the leaves were tender.

Comment

What if ya put a water pan directly under the artichoke on the grill and crank it up? That would steam it and have some smoke along with it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here