Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Pineapple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    hahaha !

• TheQuietOne
    replied
    Do whatever you like as long as you don't put it on pizza which is an abomination.

Leave a comment:

• PipsBBQ
    replied
    I just did pineapple slices this weekend again. I slice it cover it in brown sugar and cinnamon. Please them on a rack and aluminium tray. Smoke for an hour or two. Always a big request.
    I've grilled a lot of carrots, zucchini, and squash over the years. But my next smoke will be with carrots molasses and whatever I can come up with.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Hmm, I agree with the 'overly complicated' comments. For one, I'm (personally) not a fan of smoked fruits. The reason is that they are quite 'lean' (no fat), and that means the smoke flavor becomes too 'sharp' for my taste buds. Also, many people want to inject bourbon/rum in the fruit, and even more people smother it with sugar in the form of syrup. The thing is: pineapple is loaded with sugar, so I just grill the heck out of it. The existing fructose will caramelize up the yin-yang, so it's good out of the package so to speak. So, grilled = good. Smoked => not so much.

As for rubs: may I suggest a super simple combo of cinnamon and a light dusting of pepper (pick your preference according to how much heat you like)?

Serve. it with some vanilla ice cream and roasted hazel nuts. That way you get the fruitiness and caramelized sugar flavor from the fruit, the creaminess from the ice cream and the texture from the roasted nuts.

If you insist on adding booze, either flambé that sucker, it's gonna be quite a show for your guests, or just serve up that bourbon/rum in a shot glass on the side.

Just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• Alabama Smoke
    replied
    zzdocxx may have something there.......Smoke until thirsty, slice off a portion, squeeze liquid over iced glass, drop remaining fruit into glass as garnishment....enjoy! Might be gone before it was finished cooking!

Edited to fill remaining glass with rum....totally forgot the "punch".
    Last edited by Alabama Smoke; August 10, 2020, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    You could call that one "smoked Mai Tai".

• ssandy_561
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Rum would probably go better with the pineapple. I think I might go with a combination of spiced and dark rum.

• ssandy_561
    commented on 's reply
    That does look good

• Alabama Smoke
    replied
    If I was going to try to inject a pineapple, it would be with rum rather than bourbon. Actually never thought of smoking a pineapple but the idea is interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    commented on 's reply
    After watching that pineapple and fireball are now on my shopping list.

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    Put it on your smoker and play around! Smoked pineapple is delicious.

Leave a comment:

• kenrobin
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't tried that yet but it sounds like a great idea! I think I'll pickup a pineapple the next time I'm at the store!

• zzdocxx
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried shish kebab with pineapple skewered on with meat, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion.

OK you are making me hungry.

I also like it on pizza, it is not just in California and Hawaii that this is done, right ?

• lonnie mac
    replied
    I am sure you have seen Malcom Reeds version. I'll bet it would be great on smoke. Have not tried it but I will one day!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here