Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a good, simple Asian slaw recipe for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a good, simple Asian slaw recipe for the weekend

Hello,
    Can anyone help me with a good Asian slaw recipe for the weekend. I reckon my regular coleslaw is pdg based on the comments of my guests but want inspiration for something different. Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
    David

I really love this one http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/272...-noodle-salad/

They call it a salad but it eats like a slaw. I serve it with Korean (gochujang) pulled pork all the time. It's a winner.

Kathryn

Comment

Here's one from my recipes box that might fit the bill:

Sweet Thai Peanut-Ginger Slaw
    4 cups cabbage (use both green and purple), shredded
    1 zucchini, cut into strips
    1 red pepper, cut into strips
    1 orange pepper. cut into strips
    1 large jalapeno, seeded + chopped
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
    2 lime, juiced
    1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
    1-2 tablespoons peanut butter ( used 2), warmed/melted
    1 tablespoon fish sauce
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
    1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped

Add the cabbage, zucchini, red pepper, orange pepper, jalapeno, cilantro and basil to am large bowl. In another small bowl whisk together the lime juice, rice wine vinegar, sweet thai chili sauce, warmed/melted peanut butter, fish sauce, soy sauce and fresh ginger. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well to coat. Place in the fridge until ready to serve and then add the peanut. The slaw can be made the night before.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that's like dumping a whole pantry into a salad bowl !!!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so going to make this. Thanks!

K.

• Old King Charcoal
      Old King Charcoal commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds delicious, a meal in itself

Some very good suggestions.
    Wow 3 years and your 1st post, welcome to the posting side.

Comment

• Old King Charcoal
      Editing a comment
      I'm a slow starter :-)

Another good slaw (pairs really well with the burgers in the recipe, but is also tasty on its own) can be found here:

This Thai burger really is epic, taking the flavour from Laab, a famous northeastern dish. It'll be your favourite burger guaranteed!

We eat these burgers frequently. They're always a hit.

Comment

• Old King Charcoal
      Editing a comment
      I'm really liking the look of this. Thank you

This is one of my favorite slaws or salads. We make it all the time. You can add roasted chicken, but we don't. We make a lot of dressing and "crunchies" ahead of time and keep it for future salads.

Salad
    5-6 Green Onions, Small Chop

2 Stalks Celery, Chopped
    1 Lrg. (16 oz.) Pkg Shredded Coleslaw

Mix together green onions, coleslaw and celery. Refrigerate.

Crunchies
    1 Pkg Ramen Noodles, Broken into small bits

1 Sm. Pkg Slivered or Sliced Almonds
    ½ Cup Sesame Seeds

Brown noodles in pan with 2-3 Tbsp. butter. When cool, combine with almonds and sesame seeds and set aside.

Dressing (Enough for 2-3 Salads)
    1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 Cup Sugar
    ½ Cup Vinegar (¼ C. Cider and ¼ C. Rice Vinegar)
    2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce

2 tsp. Sesame Oil

Combine dressing ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate. Use dressing to taste.
    Last edited by TripleB; July 23, 2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Oh Attjack , where are you?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here