Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veggie basket handle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veggie basket handle question

A Facebook marketplace purchase came with this Bobby Flay veggie/grill basket.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200720_115352.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	883693
    My question is do you use this with the handle hanging out of the grill. Or it folds in like this... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200720_115358.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	883694
    I realize the handle will get hot if folded in while cooking. More wondering if safe for the food if used that way. My other SS veggie basket that I have has a detachable handle, this one doesn't seem to easily detatch.

I have one like this but without the wood on the handle. I fold it in. It’s hot but my heat glove solve that. Works great.

Comment

The ones I've seen have a removable handle -- pinch the wires together and the handle comes free. I can't see using this with the handle in place while grilling. If the handle is flipped out, it takes up too much space on the grill. If the handle is flipped on top of the basket, it gets in the way of stirring the food.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        The handle on mine easily flips out of the way to stir. I flip it to vertical and back when I am done. Don’t even need to touch it. I just use whatever stirring utensil I am using to do that.

• BabelBBQ
        BabelBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't seem to come off. I've looked it over pretty thoroughly.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here