Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone buy pepper plants online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone buy pepper plants online?

I was thinking of buying some pepper plants, bell ,jalapeno ect. just curious if anyone has a favorite website they have ordered from before? I would try to grow from seeds but think im to late in the year to start (poor planning on my part) , thanks for ay insight!!!

Have bought from Peppers By Mail, fer many years...

Due to MAJOR health issues, they're now greatly reduced to sellin seeds only.

I still try to give em my business, in th hopes that mebbe they can survive, an even rebuild some semblance of their world.

Not affiliated, other than a loyal customer.

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Why is it a major health issue i wonder?

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      marshall The owner had/has major health issues. Mr. Bones, thank you for pointing these guys out. With everything going on I can't really run out to the nursery for plants, but I can shoot this guy some ducats. And I've got plenty of time to start peppers.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      marshall The proprietor has recently had a severe heart attack, he and his family have lost their farm/livelihood, he has had generous portions of both feet amputated is, I reckon, my best answer to yer question, sir.

If this doesn't provide sufficient clarity, please feel free to contact me, always.

Thanks, be safe, an well.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 22, 2020, 05:11 PM.

Steve BSpinakerPirate Scott

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy, Handsome lol!
      Hope yall well!

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the shout out Homey.
      But the supplier I’ve used for the last several years is also in distress.
      So I really can’t help.

marshall
    True dat, fer many locations it is too late to start from seed, an reap viable results afore th freeze kills yer peppers. Fer most more common peppers, I obtain plants/sets from our greenhouse, at th university...local places near yall oughta have at least th basic varieties, though few will likely have th Super Scoville ones that I likeys.
    Btw, seeds stored in a cool dry location can become next year's bleedin hot pepper plants, in time fer outdoors plantin. Or grown indoors, if conditions permit, fer late this year...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 22, 2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Sorry all, late to the Post. I’ve been a bit of an absentee member. What’s up? I am taking an off season for growing. Call it a Slump I guess, last season was horrible. I have seeds if that helps, I know it’s late for Superhots.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries brother. It seems to be a bit late for most everything this year. I’m trying out Gurney’s this season. No idea how this will play out. We’ll see. 🙏🏻🤷🏼

I've used chileplants.com the past few years. Large selection of peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants. They ship live plants.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I've gotten my pepper plants from the last 5 years. The last 2 years I was disappointed with the yields.

Have purchased from:
      We sell hot pepper seeds including: hottest pepper seeds, chile pepper seeds, Hatch chile seeds, sweet pepper seeds and Heirloom tomato seeds. All GMO-free!

And
      Offering rare and heirloom seeds perfect for any climate. Over 1500 varieties of peppers, tomatoes, vegetables, heirlooms, tropical fruits and ornamentals.

I’m satisfied with purchases from these vendors in general, and have listed them in order of preference, top being the best. Be careful with plants that can develop into a huge problem, that can later jump from an affected plant to the rest, particularly fungus type problems, like leaf rotting problems. As soon as you see any of it, discard it. By that, not just move it away several feet away, but get rid of it like no longer on your property, not in your compost pile, more like zero presence in any way shape or form. Discard culprit seeds too.

Not sure how many varieties you want to grow, but if I can suggest, stick to 3 or 4 types, germinate a bunch of seeds, and keep only those that sprout with lots of vigor, those that are late or small, I would discard.

Cheers,
      Ricardo

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here