Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Tomatoe Moment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Tomatoe Moment.

If you haven't made Meatheads Cherry Tomatoe Raisins then I encourage you to do so. The end product is so versatile. I particularly enjoy them in Mac & Cheese adding a nice smokey surprise.

I finished my bacon cook fairly late last night and there was still plenty fuel left so I had a Tomatoe Moment. I tossed on a packet of baby Romano's on the grill and let it ride through the night without having to worry about tending the fire.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191027_082315.jpg Views:	41 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	761615

P.S. if you do any baby tomatoes that are bigger than cherry tomatoes then cut them in half as advised by Meathead and not adhere to by me. They just take so much longer to get done otherwise.

Tomatoe? Is that a S.A. thing or what? You spell tomatoe & I spell tomato, tomatoe, tomato, let’s call the hole thing off. 🕶

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      50 Shades of Dan Quayle!

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Colour, tyre, centre, grey, whisky, judgement....
      Might as well admit went as read as one. (Yes thats how you spell red)
      Last edited by holehogg; October 28, 2019, 10:44 AM.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      hole hog, there was a famous American (baseball manager who went by the name Sparky) pondered over things of such wordy ness, such as why do we have two, too & to.

Not big on tomatoes, can't imagine concentrating the flavor would help any.

Comment

"The singular spelling of tomato doesn't contain the letter "E," so it is somewhat understandable that people would get confused when the plural does. Tomatoes, its plural form, means more than one tomato. A tomato is a red, fleshy fruit that ripens in the summer are native to South America."

OK, while this is apparently correct, I was basically just busting chops in a friendly manner. I hope I didn't offend you, since it's not what I intended.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan - indeed it would!

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        I was close to not renewing my membership after that lambasting especially having to put up with the frequent US misspelling of many words by you guys 😊😊😊

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, sher you was.

They aren’t that versatile. They don’t last long enough to be used in anything...

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        This is fact.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I beg yer pardon there Ol’ 777. I must have been some kind of versatile to last this long.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here