Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked salsa

I had idea years ago when my wife went away on an internship and left me to finish canning our salsa.. of being me I had a few beers while looking at all the tomatoes and though heck why don't I smoke them and make smoked salsa..well I am making some more today.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_153448.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	746089Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_153454.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	746090

Please, please tell me how delicious this turns out!

Comment

How did it turn out the first time might be the appropriate question.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        The first time it was to sweet.. had to cut the sugar back some. I come up with all sorts of good ideas when I drink beer😀😀
        Last edited by Backroadmeats; September 21, 2019, 03:42 PM.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        ….kegger!!!!

Lookin' forward to the results.

Comment

I smoke everything in the salsa. It really turns out great. Why the sugar?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          The recipe I started out with was one with pineapple it so that may be the reason.. not sure. I think I use 1/4 instead of 3/4 cup that was in the recipe.

Here are all the smoked veggies. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_182151.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	746170Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190921_181903.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	746171

Comment

Into the fridge to cool off til tomorrow..

Comment

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice good batch of veggies.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here