Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Grilled Corn Salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Grilled Corn Salad

Hey, everyone. First post here. I make a grilled corn salad for gatherings that gets rave reviews from everyone.
    8 ears of corn, shucked
    Room temp butter
    Salt
    Pepper
    2 cans diced green chiles, mild or as hot as you want them
    4 oz cotija cheese, crumbled

Lightly butter the corn, just enough to partly fill the valleys between each kernel
    Salt and pepper each ear to taste
    Grill them to within an inch of their lives over direct heat. Turn each ear frequently to cook them evenly. You want a nice char, but don't turn them into charcoal. The skin of the kernel will char while the kernel "meat" gets sweet.
    When the ears are cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife and put in a large bowl. Discard the cobs.
    Add the two cans of diced chiles with whatever juice is in the can to the kernels and mix thoroughly.
    Mix in the crumbled cotija cheese.
    Just before serving, nuke the bowl just long enough to make the cheese bits a little soft, then give everything a good stir again.

You can make this all ahead, a day or two if necessary, just heat it up before you serve it.

Enjoy!

Paul

​

Wow, that sounds really good. I love green chilis and this sounds fantastic.

Comment

I do one very similar, very good

Comment

Always on the lookout for great side dishes, especially when they’re quick, easy and yummy! 👍 Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Great way to start.

Comment

This looks great, and so easy! Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

What's funny is I'm cooking a packer brisket tomorrow for company, and my wife wanted to do grilled street corn which calls for cotija cheese. I overheard her talking to her mother on the phone and mentioned it, and I thought what? Was she reading that recipe over my shoulder? She asked me if I wanted to try your recipe or the one she found, which is whole ears, street corn style....final answer to be determined...

Comment

Gonna bookmark this for when crates of Hatch chiles start getting rolled out in grocery stores next month. Thanks!

Comment

That’s basically elote. Love the stuff, make it regularly. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

• Mark V
                    Mark V commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I wonder how mayo would be with it.

Thanks fer sharin this, sounds delicious!
                  Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana! You supposed to save those cobs for the outhouse, after drying of course.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here