Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Attempt at Meathead’s Grilled Peach Crumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Attempt at Meathead’s Grilled Peach Crumble

It’s that time of year here in the southeast, so we picked up some peaches at the Farmers Market yesterday. Three of them we used in Meathead’s Grilled Peach Crumble recipe.

I fired up a full chimney of KBB, got it ashed over and into the SNS XL on the 26er. Grilled the peaches cut side down for 3-4 min as stated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7D4451BF-028E-4C1C-B01E-D122B5F03DA0.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	709496

Should have oiled the grate, a couple of them stuck. No worries, the crumble hides it eventually.

Name:	D49F26A5-2F58-41AD-961A-365AD3B6564E.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	709494

This isnt part of the recipe, but it sounded good to me... I heated up some honey and a little water and brushed it onto the skin. Then I gave it a dusting of Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head.

Name:	39D2FA8B-8D6A-4BB7-91B9-9B318AC762C9.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	709497

Got the crumble on top and got them back into the kettle on the cool side. It was running ~360F at grate level, still let them go 15 min as stated.

Name:	323E91F7-0BD7-47FC-956E-82A93F5C6000.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	709495

Then took them off carefully, they soften up.

Name:	F5DC1C82-D0ED-47CC-B8C7-4B897326FB51.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	709499

Topped with whip cream and a little more Pineapple Head.

Name:	7A72C270-7DDC-4159-8908-563F63193905.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	709498

They were out of this world. Only thing I’d do differently is skip dinner and double this recipe!

Looks good to me!

Comment

After seein that, reckon I might haveta take a moment, mebbe three...
      <whew>

</whew>
      Gorgeous Stuff, there, Brother!
      Reckon I can always git me another kb, offa Amazon, anyhow...

Comment

Spectacular.... dessert of champions...

Comment

Well done.

Comment

That picture with the honey glazed on.... those look awesome!

Comment

yea we get some pretty dang good peaches down here. I am about 75 miles from the GA, SC borders and both states can't agree who grow the best. I have been eating on them for about 3 weeks.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                FishTalesNC commented
                Editing a comment
                I can’t get enough peaches or watermelon this time of year. Nectarines are up there too.

Those look like a real treat and very little mission involved. Thanks for sharing one of many hidden treasures from free side.
              Showed the wife and it's a must as soon as peaches are in season.

Comment

I need more fruit in my diet. I think I just found out how.

Comment

**mouth watering...drooling**

Comment

I need to give these a whirl. They look awesome. Seems like you nailed it!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                      FishTalesNC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They're pretty easy, I'm like the Mendoza Line here - if I can do it anyone can! Definitely tasty, had I been eating them in public last night I'd have embarrassed myself lol.

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahahaha, I am going to have to give these a try. FishTalesNC

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here