Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your Tomatoes

I'm just so proud of these tomatoes - first of the year picked today. Gotta go get some lettuce and bacon. These are "Talent" variety and there is an interesting story about their history... https://mailtribune.com/lifestyle/the-talent-tomato
    I'm growing these in a big pot.

Update - August 19th... this plant produced about 10 nice tomatoes like this and then fizzled out - it became diseased. Guess it is not resistant.

Anybody else have tremendous tomatoes they'd like to share?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190630_091537.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	704919
    Last edited by treesmacker; August 19, 2019, 11:55 PM. Reason: Edited to update August 19th

Nice mine are still green since I live in the mountains of NC and we have the climate of NH.

Comment

Huh? It’s only June 30th. I don’t know if they’ve flowered yet around here. I know, I know, they’re picking corn somewhere also. Well, corn is only 4 - 8 “ around here. Hope things come in before the snow. 🕶

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Your corn's planted already???

We ended up planting late out of an abundance of laziness, but we should start getting Roma, whatever cherry tomatoes my wife planted, and a metric crap-ton of Tomatillos pretty soon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4397.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	704942

There's also 8 different pepper plants in the far bed and a barrel half. Hopefully I'll be getting peppers and tomatillos at the same time, because I'm gonna need to make a lot of salsa to use up all the tomatillos. Also cukes and there's even a rumor that there's a strawberry plant in there somewhere.

Comment

Those look perfect. Mine are just starting to flower. I'll check back in in 4-6 weeks.

Comment

No fruit yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190630_164757.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	704950

Comment

I have had a couple start to turn from green to yellow but the deer or squirrels have gotten them. Hopefully they leave at least a few for us.

Comment

I'm normally eatin' ripe tomatoes around the first of June, but this year I am a month, (or more), behind - still 3 or 4 weeks from ripe tomatoes.

I can't grow heirlooms because of soil borne diseases that have spread throughout my garden over the last 35 + years. Even growing in pots above ground doesn't let the plants last a full summer. I'm growing two varieties this year that are supposed to be blight resistant, so I have my fingers crossed, (which makes it hard to type... ).

Comment

I live in southern MN and it just got dry enough to plant them the first week of June. No tomatoes here for at least a few weeks and maybe longer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here