Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Little Urban Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Little Urban Garden

Trying to make the best of my postage stamp size yard. Picking salad and herbs daily from the barrel garden is really cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2971.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	704286Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	704288Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2975.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	704287Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2976.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	704285Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	704284Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2973.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	407.0 KB
ID:	704289

Nice looking yard, and you still managed to fit in several cookers. Great job

Comment

Looking at the side of your house I thought you were at Mr. Bones house. Just get rid of the yard and add more cookers.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones ... Ok... how about "Abby Someone" ?

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, yessss....(sigh) troymeister
        I DO remember Abby... Think I used to date her, prior to her 'untimely demise'....

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m I’m normal then the world is screwed.

Great take on urban living as it ought to be.
      Very nice sir.

Comment

Well done what an awesome set up

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Is that my chinmey? Looks just like mine.

Comment

With a little imagination and know-how, you can turn a postage stamp yard into a nice place. I had one of those myself once upon a time. My contribution was to build a short retaining wall out of landscape blocks for the garden.

Comment

I like the barrel idea, I have a small ceramic version of that with plants growing out the sides. Fun having a garden that's small and manageable.

Comment

Nice! You gotta make do with what you have. I find that gardening is pretty relaxing and it is awesome when you start to get those fresh veggies and herbs.

Comment

Spinaker The only problem with gardening is meat trees are hard to grow. Especially the fried wing trees.

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahahaha, I am still waiting for that GMO to come out!

Great way to maximize your space!

Comment

Forest Park? I'm right down the Ike from ya! We are on a corner with a long swimming pool down the middle, kinda. The 6 feet or so on the fence side was unused and the boss was on me to finish (read start) the landscaping rocks along the pool. I had a couple yards of dirt to dig out and had no place else to put it so I built a 16x4 raised box. 4 yards of river rock, an aching back, and a week later the boss has a wicked cool garden. Except for the kale, down with kale!

Comment

• troymeister
                        troymeister commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey there neighbor. I'm sure there are a lot of swimming pools in Hillside....Kale isn't my favorite either

Hey great job. You can really get a lot out of a small space. Here is the method I have been using since the mid 80's where by back yard had about a 30 degree slope. https://www.bing.com/search?q=square...&setlang=en-US

Each bed is 4x4 with 2' between them or make them any size you want. They cost a little bit to set up at first but last forever after that. You can put your hanging baskets at the end of each row.
                      Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 30, 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Hello. A very cool made garden. You are a great master, few people will be able to equip such a small plot. I especially liked your the barrel garden, very interestingly done, I'll take a note. I also have a garden with a beautiful lawn, the seeds of which I bought on this site [link removed by Huskee] There is also a small vegetable garden in which cucumbers grow that I bought at the local market, there are also tomatoes, I especially like their smell, pumpkin and some greens also grow. I want to build a gazebo for myself, I think it will look good in my backyard.
                        Last edited by Yiceorenil; July 9, 2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• troymeister
                          troymeister commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You sound high.

• willxfmr
                          willxfmr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          @Huskee

Fresh spam to fertilize the earth with.
                          Last edited by willxfmr; July 8, 2021, 10:23 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here