Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Growing

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little early here. I have my seed potatoes and tomatoes ordered (Lehigh Gold and Elba potatoes, Polish Plum tomatoes).

Comment

No real pics to post yet. But potatoes, radishes, cauliflower, brussels, broccoli, onions, zuchinni, eggplant, peppers, lettuce, kale, carrotts, cabbage and a bunch of herbs. Still a little early for tomoatoes and cukes, but wont be long.

Comment

Growing Cayenne, jalapeno and habaneros..
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210415_075134~2.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1018057

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          My attempt on habanero was a failure..
          They died.. possibly to nightfrost..

It’s been quite a few years since my wife and I have had a garden. In fact, I don’t think we’ve tried at our new house (been here for 10 years)!

but this year, we bought a trough and 10 plants, from various peppers to basil and oregano. This morning, while watering I noticed our first green chile growing, a Big Jim Green Chile variety. Exciting to see since it’s been such a long time!

Name:	736575EB-75B3-4D9E-A559-03A1E41D0DF2.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1064264

and for all you chile addicts, Hatch Green Chile is coming - I’ve seen many posts in the last week that the first harvest is coming!

Comment

With back problems, my garden keeps getting smaller and I am down to tomatoes and corn. My wife planted zucchini, cukes, melons, and some herbs. I will try to remember to take some photos tomorrow. Almost forgot she planted kale too - I know it's a favorite here.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, at least there's no Brussels sprouts sucking up valuable, life sustaining water and nutrients from the soil. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that BS sucks up O2 instead of CO2 and instead of converting CO2 to O2 they convert O2 to CO2. Now I could believe THAT is the reason for greenhouse gas!

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            THAT along with cattle….and I do contribute some methane myself.

Me personally, I am still growing the same thing as I was last year... I did trim my hair this year though

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t know about y’all, but I’m having a C-section. I heard the other way is a little painful.
            Last edited by Panhead John; July 21, 2021, 04:11 PM.

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            I trimmed my beard and nose hairs, I was too tired after that to trim any more hair.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike, any day now. Panhead John, I got no answer that I could post in polite company.

Dug some potatoes for dinner and made some zucchini bread for the freezer
          Attached Files

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            I have that egg basket.

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            We bought two just to use. They are great baskets! If I am not mistaken you raise alot of chickens?

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            I have 50 layers.

Name:	25B23FC8-A891-43EE-9BD5-96535FB5A4C1.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	1064354Click image for larger version

Name:	B2FC5DFA-F9AD-4775-9439-9E961073F053.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1064355
          Picked about a dozen tomatoes today. Our 9 pepper plants just keep producing.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	8A7F1DB0-FC55-447E-B0E9-ECA4437058E0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	1064690
            Today’s pickings

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Heck yeah! I’d be growing the same stuff if I had the room. Along with some corn maybe.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice early haul!

Photos as promised above:

The garden.

Name:	20210723_132729[1].jpg
Views:	227
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1065383

Me in the shot to show how tall the tomato plants are.

Name:	20210723_132700[1].jpg
Views:	229
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1065386

One of the larger tomatoes.

Name:	20210723_132834[1].jpg
Views:	225
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1065384

The tomatoes I picked today.

Name:	20210723_133146[1].jpg
Views:	229
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1065385

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Ron are you admitting you're shorter than a tomater plant?

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee - yes - I am shorter than a 6' tomato plant. And they are now over 7".

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol. I had some enormous ones the last year I grew them. My garden is surrounded by dog kennel chainlink fence (lots of deer) and I had to run twine across the tops (6' up) to support them. It was crazy. Your tomayters look great by the way.

Our first hollerpainyo haul of 2021. Collette is making candied hollerpainyos this morning. I might pluck some cayennes today or tomorrow to make some hot sauce. I love Nature's bounty!!

Name:	Jalapeno 2021.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	1081340

Comment

And a few hours later we have 7 pickled and 6 candied pints of jalapenos

Name:	first 2021 jalapenos.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	1081508

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice!

I grow a small garden with beans, tomato’s, beets and garlic, I also like to grow some jalapeño and habanero peppers. The habanero peppers always take more time to ripen but I have ripe ones now. I bought my plants 4 of each type at a local green house and I seem to have one super habanero plant, see below the difference in size of the fruit, the plant itself is also larger than the other three with more fruit. These will end up in fermented hot sauce.

Name:	CEBB7DB6-BD16-49A8-A074-50CE6437467A.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1081754

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                We've never had much luck with habeneros, but we have plenty of cayenne, Tabasco, arbol, and others this year.

Got some jalapenos growing..

Name:	20210824_091129.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1082278

Comment

Forgot that i also have Cayenne growing.. 😆

Name:	20210824_145936.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	1082308

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here