Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My peppers went soft on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My peppers went soft on me

I broke open a jar of Cowboy Candy for the guys, they've been in the fridge since 8/19/18. They are good, sweet, and spicy, but soft. I'm not sure what to do with the three jars I've made. Any ideas? Maybe chop them up into a sauce. How about using them in a sausage? Should I use the juice? I'd darn near drink that!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	peppers.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	662818

Don’t, it happens to all of us at some point.

how about a relish? Shakshuka?

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! What happens to my pepper is none of your business.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea my pepper's been going soft lately too

I wouldn't put them in sausage but maybe grind or chop and put in a sauce to eat with the sausage or any sandwich.

Comment

Make a pepper relish/spred. Would be great on sandwiches.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I ordered a boat load of peppers for this season. Tons of varieties. I can't wait to get them in the ground.

Chop fine. Mix with some mayo and use on burgers.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Just made me hungry!!

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly.

Homemade giardiniera

Comment

Last Saturday I used some soft jalapenos we had as part of the stuffing for a sausage fattie. Chopped em up and spread an even layer along with the cheese, very nice.

Comment

This might work. I would go easy on the sugar since the peppers are already candied:

This easy hot pepper relish recipe is a wonder condiment, great for preserving your abundant pepper harvest. Use this recipe method with any type of chili pepper.

Comment

All great ideas! Thanks folks! I had a thought last night, similar to pimento cheese in potato poppers.
            And I agree totally; what happens between consenting peppers is none of my business.

Comment

mine goes soft sometimes too but I am 60

Comment

Looks a lot like some of the peppadews we buy at our local butcher - we stuff em with cream cheese - I'd try them with cream cheese.

Comment

I. Can't. Help. Myself. I think there's a pill for that...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh. Hail. Yeah! I was there, instantly

Th Quicker Pepper Upper...

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr. Bones -

When I saw the title, I got a chill up my spine. Then going on 67, I have a lot of things going soft. Peppers are the least of my problems.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here