Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article on the dangers of eating kale present.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article on the dangers of eating kale present.

This reinforces the need to eat organic whenever possible.

Comment

Oh boy......

Comment

Here we go again.......

Comment

Read the last four sentences..................

Comment

My strategy is to eat more kale and fewer pesticides.

Comment

I read the whole diatribe. I did not follow any link, which I suspect bring you to other news articles. From a scientific standpoint, my take home is 0, either for or against.

Personally, I just enjoy bashing kale.

Comment

Well, what they don't say in the article is if simply washing the kale gets rid of any pesticide concern. I don't think we eat any veggies or fruits that the wife has not washed first.

Comment

• NapMaster
                  NapMaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually, they did say they still detected trace amounts of 5 different pesticides after washing. Systemic pesticides can't be washed off. Still a good idea to wash.

I don't have to worry about any bad side effects of eating kale.
                Cause this homey doesn't eat kale.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Except that Kale only has good side effects.

I didn't know kale was a part of the dirty dozen. I thought it was Lee Marvin, Telly Savales, Ernest Borgnine, Jim Brown and some other guys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lead9.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	656181

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Charles Bronson, Clint Walker, Richard Jaeckel, etc., man that was a great movie and an all-star cast. They don't make 'em like that any more.
                  Last edited by CaptainMike; March 27, 2019, 02:33 PM.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know, CaptainMike. A classic.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great movie, loosely based upon th real life "Filthy Thirteen", led by a dear friend, Jake McNiece...

This just makes me want to eat more kale. Prolly gonna triple my intake after seeing this post.

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You’re not my friend anymore. 😂😂🤣🤣

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha, I thought you didn't do kale?

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't really. I was just poking fun at all the kale hate as of late. I eat a ton of big leafy greens, always have, but kale is a tough one for me. I will admit, I have never really given it a fair shot. That is, I probably just need to learn how to prepare it. It's packed with nutrients. Attjack

Hmmm, Woe is Kale........

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here