Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s almost that time! (Morels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
    I prefer to go hunting for and finding these kind, anyone care to guess? I'll give you a clue, if you break the stem the stalk turns purple....

Never tried psilocybin myself ... and I'm guessing that more than just the stalk turns purple if ingested ...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Boil em, make tea...
      Then, slice em up, put on pizza, or in pasta sauce...
      Or, so I've heard...

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones - just guessin’ too. 🍷

Here's is the source I plan to buy morels from: https://www.oregonmushrooms.com/c-2-...mushrooms.aspx

Here is an article I found that causes me some disappointment: https://www.oregonmushrooms.com/c-17...mushrooms.aspx

And a confirmation: https://science.howstuffworks.com/10...x-alcohol3.htm

Anyone of y'all have a problem with alcohol consumed with morels?

Comment

And yet another kind - hen of the woods!

Click image for larger version  Name:	charlotte_shrooms.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.27 MB ID:	646199
      Attached Files

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like brains.... :-P

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        So EdF, if I lend you a wizards cap you'd be right at home huh ??

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure, Troutman!

I did some digging and I found a few pics from one of my hunts, last year. I love taking my nephews out on the hunt, they are getting really into it. Wyatt, found his first one last year! All by himself too! Such a good kid!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	646348Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2243.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	646347Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	646346

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep! They were made about 2 miles from my house. Troutman

• Bluegill
        Bluegill commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a nice haul!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha, I would love to, someday, but we are a ways from that, my friend! Troutman

not gonna lie, this thread is half freaking, half grossing me out. Im only just starting to enjoy the most basic of store bought mushrooms. Most of my life i have really disliked the texture although i have always enjoyed the flavor you get from a mushroom stock.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Morels are in a league of their own.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        So does that become a question of morality ?

• Bluegill
        Bluegill commented
        Editing a comment
        If I can try sushi, you can try morels. LOL

Hey, anybody try mushroom ketchup. And no, not cat soup, no sugar & no tomato.

Comment

Sorry FireMan, but that sounds kinda strange?

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
          Hey, anybody try mushroom ketchup. And no, not cat soup, no sugar & no tomato.
          No, is that a thing? I feel like it could be in Sconi. You never know what can go down on that side of the St. Croix. LOL

Comment

Well it was a pretty good hunt today. I found about 20 Morels. This spring has been cold and wet, making timing a lot more difficult this year. But they are popping in our area now. Gonna head back out tomorrow.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	680196Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	680197

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here