Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaghetti squash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spaghetti squash

Click image for larger version

Name:	3AE7D299-D903-413D-91E3-2B222D978437.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	586084Click image for larger version

Name:	22061924-C753-477C-8526-E3285811BE7F.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	586083 Spaghetti squash with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, butter, garlic, and a little fresh mozzarella. Topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cream sauce with garlic, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fennel Italian sausage. Garlic bread also.

Drool!!!

Comment

I tried that stuff one time. I'll give an "A" for aesthetics, and it ends there.

Comment

• Bob's BBQ
        Bob's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen brother. The wife tried using this as a healthy alternative to pasta. Looked good......

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Bob's BBQ , hahaha my wife just this week tried that with me. I mean it tasted ok but come on! There is NO substitute for pasta.

Wow. That is not only clever but it looks fantastic.

Comment

Nice Keiferr . Spaghetti squash is a fun fall treat. Yum!

Comment

I love spaghetti squash. I need to try your method it looks delicious. A lot if times I'll smoke meatballs and make a sauce then throw the squash in an Instant Pot.

Comment

• Keiferr
            Keiferr commented
            Editing a comment
            Another method is to coat the inside with olive oil and cook it cut side down for about half an hour, then turn it over and the butter, mushrooms, etc till done. I do it at 350 for about an hour or more till it’s fork tender.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            I like that Keiferr . Attjack, done it that way several times and enjoy it - especially with the right sauce. Problem is reproducing that sauce is tough - it's one of those "I know it when I taste it" kind of things!

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            That add sounds good too.

Spaghetti squash is great. We use it to make pizza "dough" among other uses.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you elaborate?

Attjack, sure! Wife saw this on a food channel show - the Kitchen I think it's called. Anyway, cut squash in half and roast in hot oven (400) until cooked through. Discard seeds and scrap out contents into a towel and squeeze out as must water as you can. You want the squash pretty dry. In a bowl whisk up two eggs then toss in about a 1/2 cup of DRY shredded mozzarella cheese. Add the wrung out squash and mix in thoroughly. Season to taste. We use a perforated pizza pan and place a large piece of parchment paper on it, then spread out the mixture into a thin layer and put into a 425 over for 12 minutes. Once done in the oven i remove the parchment and let it cool for a few minutes, then add sauce, a layer of Parmesan, toppings, a layer of dry mozzarella and bake again at 450 for 12 minutes. We try and use toppings that won't release too much moisture. We find that 2 or three toppings works best.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I may give it a try. I've done cauliflower crust before. It's pretty good.

Yeah I hate to go bohemian here but I like spaghetti squash too. Never thought of smoking it. That will be a learning curve.

Comment

• Keiferr
            Keiferr commented
            Editing a comment
            350 indirect till tender, about 1 - 1.5 hours.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here