Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Some Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Some Peppers

Just drying some peppers .... it’s wet and rainy, didn’t feel like firing up the Hasty-Bake to do this. It’s the last of the anaheim’s and jalapeños from this summer Click image for larger version

Name:	86A9A3D3-8EDA-4E09-8A10-31B1739A03F2.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	569884

I just cut them in half, lay them open side up on parchment paper, run the oven at 200F and prop the door open with a wooden spoon so the oven doesn’t get too humid.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll bet the house smells good too.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike roasting jalapeños smell awesome

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Love that aroma!

What do you use these dried peppers for? I love to make them into a powder for baking or adding to pizzas. And yes, it does makes the house smell amazing.

Most of the peppers that I grow go to my sister-in-law. She likes to scorch them on the kamal and then package them into four pepper packs. She then freezes them for when she makes chili. (Salsa) One pack is all she needs for each batch of chili. It is a really handy way to do it. And a great use for all those peppers!

Comment

Spinaker I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet. Probably rehydrate for making chili is my guess right now. I have never actually done this before. When I needed chili's for something, I just ran to the store and got them.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Watch out for that sedentary lifestyle! ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here