Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fingerling potatoes on pellet grill ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingerling potatoes on pellet grill ?

I've seen recipes but am wondering what results anyone has had doing these on a pellet grill ( especially a Traeger ).

Would like to try them brushed w/ olive oil that's had crushed garlic and some kosher salt soaking in it.

Am hoping to hear about cook times/temp, experience w/ doing in cast iron fry pan.

I'm also going to be doing a rack of BB's (maple glaze finish ala MHG), 2 2 inch thick ribeyes done MHG style ( grill "sear" and then flipping over and over in cast iron pan , and 2 ears of corn ).

This all starts going down 2:30 PM Thurs. Calilooney time.

Please bring on the comments, procedure/technique suggestions, etc.

I can't help with the cook in general, but salt does not dissolve in oil. Using crushed garlic is fine, but I suggest sprinkling the salt on the potatoes after coating with the oil.

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      TYSM! --and TYSM for all your help last week !

Not exactly what your after but if you go to the freeside and under recipes you will find salted potatoes they are very good. Might help you on your times

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      customtrim - I did not realize goats could run up a vertical wall...

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB yeah mine are pretty amazing, you should see my super chickens

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I'm lost. What's he cooking and what are you doing with goats?

We'll slice russets lengthwise about 3/16" thick, season and toss with evoo, then grill on the Traeger running at 350. Flip once then pull when the edges start to crisp.

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice ! And what do you do for seasoning ? TYSM for your input.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      barebear we use either S&P with a dash of garlic powder, a seasoned salt mix (think Lawry's), or a salty rub similar to what is on the meat. I do these once a week or so. I've never timed it, just go by feel, but at 350 it should take 30 minutes or so with on flip in middle.
      Last edited by CaptainMike; August 30, 2018, 01:14 PM.

Sounds yummy; TYSM again and gonna try for sure --the scene changed, so all that happened today was the ribs w/ a radical sauce modification --ain't gonna say nuttin' till I sample results, but if as yum as I hope, will post for everyone.

Comment

Cpt Mike- you ever freeze the potatoes after you roast them? If so, How do they do after defrost? I’m a dad of Young kids so I’m trying to find things I can roast in quantity on the weekend and use through the week

thanks

Tom

Comment

I don’t think they would stand up well to a freeze, but they would last around a week in your fridge, and you can reheat either a frying pan, oven or microwave.

Comment

I like the small Yukon Gold fingerling potato’s. Usually roast small ones whole and half the larger
          ones. Coat them generously with olive oil and salt. Minced garlic also good if you like. I’ve roasted at 350 until tender. Start checking after 30 minutes or so depending on size of potato.

Comment

I do about???? Many fingerlings per week. I'm not sure what you are asking? Ribs, steaks, corn?????

coat, heavily season, add herb, roast, toss again in EVOO with more herb and serve.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here