Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you grill your 🌽

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you grill your 🌽

I had some family and friends over for kebobs and a buddy brought a bunch of corn on the cob. My brother in law suggested I cook it in the husk without peeling and removing the silk. New to me.

Also there are a lot of ways to dress corn. Sometimes I like to squeeze lime juice on it then add salt and hot sauce.

So how do you grill yours, and what do you dress it with?

In th husk, if it's still on it.
    Butter, SP+desired seasonins. Yer method sounds intriguin; will haveta try that!
    I do purty much th same, if it's already been husked.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 10, 2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I peel back the husk, do a thorough job of removing the silk, slather on some butter, S&P, close up the husk again. A bit of work, but well worth it!

I've peeled the husk back and removed the silk then doctored it up with butter, cojito, lime, and spices. Then re-husked and grilled it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, I always 'Doctor' it...pre-cook.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Well my bro in law said just snip the end but don't peel back the husk. Cook it whole.

Husk off.

Comment

I always leave the husk on.

Comment

I’ve left the husks on but first peeled them back and removed the silks...then put the husks back over.

My preferred method has become grilling them naked... no husks, silks, nothing... while grilling I brush with melted butter. As you mentioned at that point there are a lot of ways to dress it. I like a salt mix we found at the store plus a little paprika and/or chili powder...

Comment

I peel the husk back and cut out the corn. I then soak the husk in water. I clean the corn and put it back in the wet husk with a pad of butter. I then wrap in aluminum foil.

I cook the corn on the grill on lower heat for about 30 min.

When it is time to serve, my guests just have to pull the corn out of the foil and husk, and put it on their plate.

A little more work up front, but easier when it is time to serve.

Comment

If you want to grill husk on, you might try this method for removing the husks and silks. I've never done this with grilled corn - only in the microwave, but it should work:

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. Who woulda thunk? Thanks!

• BBQ_Steve-O
              BBQ_Steve-O commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep.. That's how I always do mine. You want to make sure you get sealed ears, so look for ears that people haven't ripped the husks open.

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup this works for grilled in the husk corn. I use it.

I usually hang it unwrapped in the PBC and roast until tender, because lazy wins and I already had something else in there which is cambroing.

Inalso like meatheads butter basted grilled version, but you need grill grates or similar to keep the flare-ups at bay.

Or if really lazy, unwrapped in instapot for 2 minutes on high cooks it through, then finish however.

Comment

I’ve done it both ways and prefer husk off. I personally like a little char on my corn.

Comment

I husk them and then steam them. Never have grilled them and stopped putting them in boiling water years ago. Steam for about 7 minutes and you're golden. Dipped in a butter bath some salt and eat!

Comment

I carefully peel back the husks, remove the silk, and then re-wrap the husks. Soak in water for 30-60 minutes. Grill over medium direct heat, turning several times. Serve either with salt and butter, or an olive oil/cumin/pickled jalapeno juice mix. Its work at the beginning, but soooo worth it. Kernels usually have some char on them by the end after the husks have dried out and started to separate.

Comment

I’m with Frozen Smoke , steam em. Grilled 2 or 3 times, wife doesn’t like it at all, so, go with the flow. Don’t salt em either, just butter, love em cold next day to.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Leftovers cut off the cobb and tossed in a salad. Yummm

We simply soak them in the husk and then roast. Silk easily pulls away when husked. Butter, salt pepper, and then a little more butter, salt and pepper.

Comment

I soak husk on, then peel, throw it on the grill over direct till it starts to brown salt and peppering as it cooks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here