Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled veggies ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled veggies ???

Is there any veggies that don't do well on the grill? I see some marinate them but sends the marinate wouldn't really do much, idk?
    Any basic info I need?
    I do corn on cob all the time.

Only other veggie I've done on the grill is asparagus. Traditionally, I have let my wife do the veggies in the house. After all, I have to give her something to do, or she won't feel needed.

Comment

• Joetee
      Joetee commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL. Oh yes. I love grilled asparagus. I forgot that one. I've done potato before but they seem to dry out to much. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I am in the same boat. I have only done corn on the cobb and whole potatoes. I leave the husk on the corn and skin on the potatoes. I will oil the potatoes with olive oil before placing them on the grill. Anything else my wife will make in the kitchen.

Comment

We love grilling zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, asparagus and onions - usually with just salt, pepper and olive oil. They all taste great and the summer squash and zucchini take up the grill marks perfectly too.
      Friends had success smoking cabbage, it was cored and packed with butter, onions and rub. I think they smoked it for almost 5 hours.

Comment

We grill corn, asparagus, squash, onions and peppers. I tend to toss them in olive oil and my goto grilling spice "Bad Byron's Butt Rub", or just salt and pepper. One time I grilled some romaine for a grilled romaine salad, which was interesting. Split the romaine heads, and grill, after drizzling with olive oil and salting and peppering. Plate it and douse with your favorite dressing. The romaine gets sweeter or something with a few minutes on the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Joetee View Post
          Is there any veggies that don't do well on the grill?
          Nope !!!

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
            BriggsBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Green beans maybe? Only because they are small and would fall in the grating. Can be fixed pretty easily tho. But I am with you I put all on the grill....do want to try butternut squash.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Green beans do need a grill basket or a phat mat but they work great on the grill !!! Butternut squash I'll bet wold be good, cut it thick like egg plant, oil them up and get after it !!!

Root veggies tend to be a problem on the grill. Everything else is fair game!

To make life easier, a grill basket like this is well worth grabbing.

Comment

I do Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Summer Squash, and ?? tossed in Italian Dressing or just Olive Oil with S&P. As MBMorgan mentioned a grill basket works well. Usually we make plenty so there's leftovers for Eggs or Pizza. Works good on the pellet grill at 375* for 45-60 minutes.

Comment

Cauliflower, Broccoli and sweet potatoes. Also Brussels sprouts in cast iron and everything already named.

Comment

I do what others have listed here, but also do sliced eggplant and zucchini spritzed with EVOO, black pepper from the mill and sea salt. Add shrimp and bell peppers.

Peppers - we also love grilled Poblano's sliced in half lengthwise, topped with creole dirty brown rice and any kind of smoked beans.

I also received the copper grill mats I ordered just now, to try out with veggies. I'll let you all know.

and I wish whole carrots would come out OK. Still working on that...

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                  LA Pork Butt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oops ! I forgot eggplant.

Peppers, onions, and mushrooms in a grill basket as above. You can douse them in anything you want. We have used various salad dressings, teriyaki and a homemade Chinese style brown sauce. It's all good. I forgot we sometimes add zucchini too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here