Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mushroom "hobo pack"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushroom "hobo pack"

Found this while slummin' around the internet. It's lots of places, not exclusive to any one site. It is outstanding.

12 oz Crimini mushrooms
    6 cloves garlic, peeled
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1 Tsp fresh thyme
    3 Tsp olive oil
    coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper

Prep the grill for medium indirect. Toss the ingredients together in a bowl.
    Lay out a 12"x18" piece of parchment paper on a 12"x18" piece of foil. dump everything in there and fold the far ends together, crimping tightly; then the near ends, again crimping tightly. You should have a pouch.

Cook indirect for about 15 minutes, then turn and cook 15 minutes more. You will know when it is done because it will feel a bit squishy, and it will smell heavenly.

I didn't take a picture, but it looks like cooked mushrooms. It tastes like cooked mushrooms with garlic, parsley, and thyme, but that doesn't do it justice; it's fantastic.

that sounds pretty amazing. def adding to the list

Comment

Oh yes, I do something like this regularly in the summertime.

I cut up a bunch of veggies, usually mushrooms and sometimes add a few portobellos, yellow squash, zucchini, some red onion, lots of garlic, some S&P, Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning and a few dashes of olive oil. Don't forget a few cloves of minced garlic. Wrap it all up in a couple layers of heavy foil and make it almost airtight.

Everything is big and chunky. I tried it with Italian dressing (not the creamy kind), but went back to plain olive oil.

It is AMAAAAAYZING.

In fact, I think I am going to do this... TONIGHT!

I think I have some pics... let me go look in my files.

<edit> Can't find any pics. Prolly have to do some tonite! lol
      Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; July 23, 2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Love me some mushrooms! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here