Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st try at Grilled romaine lettuce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st try at Grilled romaine lettuce

Looks good to me! How was it? I like the edition on pecans and cherry tomatoes!

Comment

Your going to have to explain how you did this. please

Comment

It was Amazing! My wife (who is most vegetarian) loved it. I got the recipe out of Meatheads book. I did substitute the dressing that's in the book and used raspberry vinaigrette dressing instead.

Comment

My wife would love that.

Comment

Looks good. Tough to find stuff to grill for vegetarians.

Comment

• customtrim
              customtrim commented
              Editing a comment
              Try dirt it is readily available and is organic and safe for vegans

• Scout789
              Scout789 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you, Custom. When I saw the title of the post, I thought it had to be a joke. Animal protein rules!

Beautiful!!!

Comment

Try grilling up some quinoa... show off some real skill.

Comment

The skilled required to obtain an internal temperature on a leaf is nothing short of amazing. I recommend grilling all romaine from Yuma.

Great job on the pic!!

Comment

It is on my list to do for a ceaser salad.

Comment

Nicely done, great writeup, amigo!
                    What kinda cheese ya got crumbled up, on there?

Or, I'll go look at th receipt, here in a spell...

Comment

Great job! I love grilling salad. I usually use Gem salad, cut in two. Sprinkle liberal amounts of fine olive oil, and flaked sea salt. There's something that the heat does which changes the flavor. It's almost magic, so those of you who haven't tried it, give it a go.

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Never hear the term "gem lettuce". Looked it up and it's a small variety of Romain. I've been eating it and didn't know it.

WOW! That looks REALLY good!!

Comment

One of my favorite grilling sides because it's so easy and fast. I like what you did with it. Oftentimes I just drizzle olive oil, balsamic, then add some salt and pepper.

Comment

Looks great! I have had grilled Caesar salad in restaurants and would like to repeat at home. And Henrik, I completely agree, the flavor changes and is wonderful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here