Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marinated Roasted Peppers Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinated Roasted Peppers Recipe

As requested by HouseHomey This is an adapted recipe, not original. But I can't recall the original source.

4 red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers
    3 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
    1 Tbl white balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar if you can't find white balsamic)
    2 Tbl orange juice
    2 Tbl lemon juice
    2 Tbl italian parsely, chopped
    1 Tbl garlic, chopped finely
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp hot sauce

Grill the peppers over high hear until the skins are charred all over. Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic cling wrap so they will steam to loosen the skins. Once cool, peel away the charred skins from each pepper. Cut off the tops of the peeled peppers and carefully remove the core and seeds. Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips.

Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well to blend.
    Add the pepper strips and mix well.

Best used the day you make it, but it will store in the refrigerator for a week or so.

Here is a picture of the peppers served over grilled black sea bass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180701_182621.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	526876

You can also put them in a paper bag after the initial char. Not sure there's a real difference between the two.

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely. I just never seem to have paper bags around anymore, so have switched to the bowl covered with plastic wrap.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes sense!

Roasted peppers are the bomb !!! Love that black bass as well !!! Thanks for the recipe.....

Comment

I've been doing peppers like this with a very similar recipe for over 40 years. My grannies recipe. I place mine in a plastic bag after charring. Love em.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here