Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbivore coming to my cookout....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds to me like ya have yerself someone who will have plenty of free time to photograph yer cook!

Comment

Here's a good vegan side dish that has cabbage, but you have to modify the recipe if dairy isn't tolerated. Colcannon.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-mak...cabbage-242195

Turn it vegan by substituting chicken stock with vegetable stock, and EVOO Olive Oil (redundant, I know) for the butter. You can add BBQ taste one of two ways. First roast the potatoes on the grill before mashing, or secondly load the finished colcannon in a cast iron skillet and smoke for 30 mins.

Enjoy.

Comment

grill up some elotas and marinated poblano caps, along with asparagus and a salad.

Comment

I'm with most people here, if she wants zucchini, then cook zucchini! Buy one a few days in advance and do a sample cook, that way it will be waaay better on the big day. That's what I do, if unsure :-)

If you want to try something else that is easy to do, then here's a smoked aubergine mousse. It's in my bbq book also:

Smoked aubergine mousse is best served with a sweet yoghurt dip and some bread. It really stands out as an exotic starter. Dip the bread in the mousse and yoghurt, and enjoy! This dish is great to make as a bonus dish while smoking something else on the grill.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            But is she like a lot of my software customers, and only thinks she knows what she wants? Opportunity!

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, I thought if you were a vegetaranian you couldn’t eat mouses.

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            ...or mooses :-)

I slice up zucchini n squash, a stick of butter sea salt and cracked pepper wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill, it’s fantastic, wife and I usually call it dessert

Comment

I have a question: does anybody call themself a herbivore? And, if you do, are you restricted to herbs or can you eat other grass & leafy stuff?
            And, what do they look like?

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              I've seen folks call themselves: Vegetarians, Vegans, Plant Based Dieters, Whole Food Plant Based, Fruitarians... I seem some of them dismiss anyone who eats meat as a carnivore, so I think calling them herbivores is fair play.

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              How about fruit cake ions.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here