Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to turn up the heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to turn up the heat

Now that the superhots are in season time to put them to use. Yesterday ws pickled eggs and beets today was pepper jam. Used carolina reapers in each, just one for each recipe . Still waiting on my Tabasco i belive they are some of the slowest to turnClick image for larger version

Name:	20170829_152301.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	371395Click image for larger version

Name:	20170829_172729.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	371396Click image for larger version

Name:	20170829_174113.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	371397

I love pepper jelly/jam, but it's all been from the grocery store, so surely no where nearly as good as what you made.

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Very simple to make, peppers sugar and vinegar. Peppers of your choice, i use the color of bells to match the color of the hot peppers

Oh man o man

Comment

SWEET! I love it.

Comment

Hmmmm. Looks great, I am hoping a bunch of ghosts will be ready when I get home. I am gonna try to make the ghost pepper garlic salt that has been posted. My wife did some pickle slices with Ghost pepper we have not tried them yet.

Comment

Looks like Delicious meets Fire, from here!!!
          I'm in!!!!

Comment

customtrim I don't want to bust your bubble. But the pepper your showing on the black mat(the first pic) is NOT a Carolina Reaper. The one in the egg bath might be.
            Reapers are very distinct in their appearance. With a stinger on the bottom and a very wrinkly and pimply surface. Like a very old and shriveled up old raisin. But larger.

I would love to see the plant they came off of to confirm or repeal my allegations.
            I had this same discussion with my good friend Spinaker just the other day. Turned out he had a strain of Trinadad pepper not a Reaper.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              His are exactly what mine look like. And they are hot as all get out.

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker As hot as the Trinadad is it's pretty scary to think the Reaper is even hotter.

Yeah, maybe next year I will get some. Not sure though. Might just go back to what I know. Tons of Jalapeños, Habaneros and Serrano. I never have issues with getting the right plant with those.

That being said, whatever kind of pepper plants I do have, are growing like crazy! Lots of gorgeous color on these two plants. Reaper or not, I was thankful ribeyeguy took the time and energy to start them, package them and send them too me from Wisconsin. What a guy!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Peppers #2.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	371821Click image for larger version

Name:	Peppers.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	371822
            In the meantime, I am going to get on that Jam train with these babies! Thanks for posting customtrim

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed Spinaker that was a really nice gesture on ribeyeguy 's part. Sounds like he's a great guy.

hot pepper jelly + cream cheese + smoked salmon on a cracker-to die for

Comment

Steve B all of my plants are grown from seeds from previous year. Being the reaper,scorpion,and ghost are hybrids, it is possible to have something produced that resembles the parents, my other problem could be from these being grown to close to each other and getting a cross pollination from a scorpion thanks to a deer problem. If that is the case then hard to say what they are. To be assured of cross pollination you need 400 feet between different varieties even tho they say 3 could be acceptable. These are about a foot apart. As you can see they all have taken a different appearance. Sorry about the late reply but i get up at 3 and dont stay up very late Click image for larger version

Name:	20170830_160139.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	371847Click image for larger version

Name:	20170830_160223.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	371848

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting. You might have a new strain of pepper
                A ghoreapion ????? Would be interesting to see what the scoval rating is on those babies.

Was doing some dehydrating last night. I have tons of peppers to do. I cant wait to get these in the grinder. They should be about done when I get home tonight.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Peppers Dehydrate.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	376905Click image for larger version

Name:	Peppers:Dehydrate:tray.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	376906

Comment

• customtrim
                customtrim commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet, i do mine the cheap way and hang them

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here