Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Coleslaw Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Coleslaw Ever

Dressing Ingredients:
    • 6 fl oz Sour Cream
    • 6 fl oz Mayonnaise (highly recommended to make your own. Recipe posted here in this forum)
    • 2 fl oz White Wine Vinegar
    • 2 fl oz Country Dijon Mustard
    • 2 Tablespoons Turbinado
    • 1.5 teaspoon Celery Seed
    • 1.5 teaspoon Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce
    • Salt/Pepper (and maybe a little extra Turbinado depending on your selected salad ingredients) to taste
    Salad Ingredients:
    • 1.5 pounds of sturdy shredded greens (you can get creative here… start with cabbage and include some shredded broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, etc.)
    • 6 oz shredded carrots
    • 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
    • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
    Directions:
    1. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Season and adjust heat as needed with salt/pepper/turbinado/Tabasco to taste.
    2. Add greens to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
    3. Refrigerate and let the greens wilt and flavors blend.
    4. Taste and re-season as needed before serving and enjoying.
    Last edited by mrmikemgm; July 20, 2014, 09:18 AM. Reason: Added link to Mayonnaise recipe just posted.

Made this for friends recently and they loved it. Great recipe.

Comment

• mrmikemgm
      mrmikemgm commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome to hear. Thank you for giving it a shot and providing feedback on your mileage too!

That looks good! I wish I could get the family to like coleslaw. Unfortunately, I end up throwing more out than what actually gets eaten. Maybe this will change that.

Comment

• mrmikemgm
      mrmikemgm commented
      Editing a comment
      You can get pretty creative with the greens... more carrots, even down to very little to no cabbage if that would make them try the dressing. I'll be honest, with this dressing and the sunflower seeds and dried cranberries... it's good on just about everything!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here