Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peanut buttered baby spinach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peanut buttered baby spinach

Now before you flame me just hear me out, it's DELICIOUS!
    What you'll need:
    • 10 ounces baby spinach.
    • About half an onion
    • Half a cup chopped tomatoes
    • About 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
    • About a 1/4 cup water.
    • Salt and pepper to taste. Remember that most nut butters do have salt.
    • Some form of fat, I used peanut oil
    Wilt the baby spinach in a little oil, chop and set aside. Sweat onions in oil, Season with salt and pepper Add the tomatoes and cook that mess until all the liquid is gone. Add water and peanut butter, lower heat, mix until thick and smooth. Add spinach, mix and simmer for about 3 minutes. Taste for seasoning and enjoy over steamed rice. I loved it with a simple pan seated Salmon.
    Last edited by Ernest; October 21, 2014, 11:22 PM.

Looks good.. I would try this... prolly the only one in house who would though.

Comment

Ernest as you are my culinary idol I know this is going to be good. I'm printing this and putting in in my travel book.

Ernest's Elvis Salad
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 22, 2014, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Do like I did with peanut butter wings. Cook it and just put it out there without saying a word.
        I had folks eating peanut butter wings without knowing. After they cleaned out the plates I casually brought up the idea of making peanut butter wings and they all said "eeeeewww!"
        That's when I told them that the wings that they just ate and loved were peanut buttered wings!!

Moral of the story is.......experiment!

Comment

Or just tell them it's Thai Spinach. Thai dishes are often served with peanut sauce (spinach is not a typical Thai vegetable, but don't mention that!).

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
            Do like I did with peanut butter wings. Cook it and just put it out there without saying a word.
            I had folks eating peanut butter wings without knowing. After they cleaned out the plates I casually brought up the idea of making peanut butter wings and they all said "eeeeewww!"
            That's when I told them that the wings that they just ate and loved were peanut buttered wings!!

Moral of the story is.......experiment!
            Wow, I trust you're well aware of any unspoken peanut allergies your guests may have? Yikes if not...

Comment

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes Huskee, I keep tabs on every food guest.
              And it's the same guests 99% of the time.
              I should say that I worry about food allergies only. Religious or by choice picky guests, I can't be bothered.
              I had a Muslim guest once, he proclaimed my burger as one of the best. Of course it had bacon mixed in it.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, I figured, you're a sensible guy. I ask because my wife has an allergy to gluten (not just "gluten free" by choice like many) and we found out IHOP pulls one over on folks by adding their pancake batter to their omelet egg mix. Why? Dunno, but you'd think a western omelet with hash browns should be a gluten-free meal and if not they should POST this information in big letters on the menu....we'd eaten there before and started putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Since then I've found it necessary to ask dumb questions like this...forgive me.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here