Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLT pasta salad. What took me so long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLT pasta salad. What took me so long?

Maybe some of you have made it before. I hadn't, nor had I even thought about it. I make an excellent traditional pasta salad so maybe I just got myself stuck in that routine. Last night, though, the idea hit me and I couldn't believe it took me so long. Just made it this morning and I think it's already my favorite chilled side! I used...

1 lb elbow mac
    3 T rice vinegar
    3/4 cup mayo
    1/4 cup spur cream
    Healthy dash of garlic powder
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    10 pieces thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
    1 large tomato, seeded and diced
    1 cup baby spinach, rough chopped

Cook the macaroni al dente, drain, and mix in rice vinegar. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Mix all others together, add to pasta, and chill.

I like this!

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
      BBQ'd_Nuke commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha, so do I!!

HMMM.... Sour cream and rice vinegar. This is the first I've seen of this type without any kind of onion. Sounds delicious. I will give it a shot next weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
      BBQ'd_Nuke commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. And for the whole onion thing, next time I wanna try it with some green onion...

This reminds me of a simple slaw recipe I have that I can not live without. Just oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. So simple and amazingly good. My dad is allergic to eggs so I made it for him and never looked back. I wil, try yours as is and I bet it's great!!

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
      BBQ'd_Nuke commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate it, and you won't be disappointed!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here