Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brussels Sprouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only meat/s that I want to sous vide is steak but I'm going to give hamburger and chicken breast a try. As for ribs, pork butts and briskets I will stick to the old fashion way. I'm not going to get all carry away with sous vide.

Comment

Chicken is great when done sous vide. Assuming of course you are going to use it for some dish that needs further manipulation. My wife loves it for chicken parm, salads, etc. Great for scallops, too! But if I am going to eat chicken as chicken, it is going on the grill or smoker from the start.

You could probably cook most anything on a campfire if you had to, but I am not going to limit myself to any one method. I use a grill, a smoker, a stove, a crockpot, a pressure cooker, or whatever else I fell like putting to use.

Comment

They are killer when roasted with a balsamic reduction and crispy bacon

I love Brussels sprouts

Comment

• Zman23
          Zman23 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is basically how I cook Brussel sprouts. Cook chopped bacon, sauté onions in bacon fat, add Brussels sprouts, mix balsamic with brown sugar, add, reduce, enjoy. My daughter loves them so they must be good.

Lot's of balsamic vinegar mentions ... but they are not all created equal. Here's an amazon.com link to a favorite of ours that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (just an arm) but is MUCH better than anything you're likely to find in a grocery store:

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Ordered... Thanks for the link.👍

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Breadhead ... Let me know what you think. This stuff has been a staple here since we found it a few years ago.

I have to say it - Brussels sprouts are great when lightly tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted for 40 minutes at 400.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here