Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone identify this

So like a dummy I forgot to label my seeds. I don't want to say what I planted to influence any ideas. But I don't think this is a weed, and it also doesn't look like any of the herb seeds I used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220531_164355.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1230072

My plant ID app calls it a Bradford pear. Not infallible but pretty reliable.
    Last edited by Texas Larry; June 1, 2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I tried some reverse image searches and came up with all sorts of stuff. Oddly there was what I assume was a maple trying to grow right next to this.

Yes. It's a plant.

What?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you smoke it?

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      In some states, yes.

Now the real question is, is it organic or communist or sumthin?

Comment

Meat based plant?

Comment

Two people, standing close and facing the sun, one with very large arms... wait, let me get my glasses back on....
        Yep, could be a tree.

Comment

Leaves look like a Bradford. Whatever it actually is, it doesn’t belong in a herb garden so pull it out.

Comment

So what I planted was Basil, Lavender, Cilantro, Parsley, Thyme, and Rosemary.

The Cilantro and Parsley are in a different pot, and healthy. The Lavendar is in it's own pot, as is the Rosemary.

The Basil is stupid huge (I'm guessing it is long leaf variety)

I thought I planted Thyme with the basil, and the stem on this plant is very Thyme like... but obviously the leaves, especially the bottom large serrated ones don't look like any species of Thyme I've seen... BUT then the rest of the leaves came in short so it was throwing me off... I'd transplant it and see what it turns into but if y'all really think it's a tree, specifically a bradford, it's getting killed with fire.

As always, appreciate y'alls input (helpful or otherwise )

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              None of the above

Did you trade the family cow for those seeds?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              Editing a comment
              Honestly trying to figure out how it and the maple looking plant got there. They grew out of the seed starters I had planted in the bed, and the herbs didn't.

I think it is an opium poppy.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              Editing a comment
              Saw plenty of those in Afghanistan, but this wasn't that.

Boy, did you guys make my morning! Every comment was LOL. 🕶

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here