Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden beet recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden beet recipes?

Had a warm salad with golden beets the other night, awesome flavor. Goat cheese, balsamic glaze over arugula with pistachios. Found some beets to try, anyone have experience roasting or smoking them?

Clean them, (optionally coat with the some olive oil), wrap in foil and roast at 400F for 40-60 minutes depending on how thick the beets are. You can roast indoors or out, but since they are foil wrapped you likely won't be able to tell the difference. One they are cooked, the skin will rub right off.

Comment

Here's a recipe from the Traeger site - https://www.traeger.com/recipes/smoked-beet-salad

My wife really likes beets. I'm going to try this smoked beet cornbread recipe sometime soon. I'll let ya know how it works out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	im-340016.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1111874

Comment

this should be flagged and banned!!

Comment

I like David Tanis' simple recipe for roast beets. Trim the tops and tips a bit, then put into a roasting dish with about 1/2 inch of water and a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme. Cover with aluminum foil and roast at 350 F for about an hour, or until the beets can be easily pierced by a knife. When still warm, but cool enough to handle, slip off the beet skins. They should peel easily.

Serve with a simple mustard vinaigrette with thinly sliced scallions and toasted black mustard seeds.

Comment

Do t know about Golden Beets but get some gloves for the red ones. That color gets everywhere

Comment

Kenji’s approach

Comment

Thanks everyone, used Kenji’s method for roasting and made a salad with walnuts, goat cheese and a Dijon vinaigrette. Definitely using these more often.

Comment

I have not tried smoking, but I do roast in the oven and then peel the skins. And I make the exact salad you mention above. It is outstanding!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here