Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I learned that gizmo pumpkins exist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I learned that gizmo pumpkins exist.

This showed up on my local grocery store's (HEB) weekly ad. What's that quote? You were so preoccupied to see if you could, you didn't think to ask if you should?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 4.32.48 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	1109366

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 4.33.01 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	368.9 KB ID:	1109367

EDIT: Apparently these are not edible, technically being a gourd and not a true pumpkin, which I guess kinda makes it better. Sorta.
    Last edited by Michael_in_TX; October 13, 2021, 03:39 PM.

What are you supposed to do with that?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      buy 2 for 5 bucks... let them rot on your front porch, and post 'em on social media of course

• IFindZeroBadCooks
      IFindZeroBadCooks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah….I am sure my neighbors will be thrilled to see this rotted pumpkin like thing on my porch. I guess if you are doing a whole house redecoration it can work..

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      A centerpiece for the dinner table.
      Question if you are not in it, Are you out of your "gourd"?

I am actually going to go to HEB tomorrow. If I see them, I'll take photo. If I buy them, please yell at me.

Comment

Well, there’s a good possibility that I might be in central Texas before Halloween…
      If so, and if I can find the time, I might pick up a couple and have at ‘em with an airbrush. ;-)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Badger???

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones I have Badger, Paasche, Iwata, Tamiya, and Thayer & Chandler airbrushes. One might think I was trying to “collect the whole set.” LOL

Cthulhu.

Comment

If I see these locally I’m buying every one they have to put on my porch! Those things are rad!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. We gave Spark a Platinum Medal for pushing the envelope of product capability while maintaining high standards of design and workmanship.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
        Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

Fireboard Labs Product Photo Shoot. Kansas City Commercial Portrait and Wedding Photographers ©Kevin Ashley Photography

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.
        Click here to read our detailedreview

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read ourcomplete review

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it’s easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
        Click here for our review on this unique smoker

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
        Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado.

Click here for our article on this exciting cooker