Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite apple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite apple?

Here in Ohio apple season has begun. I went out yesterday and picked a dozen Honeycrisp apples at a local orchard.

To me the Honeycrisp is the best apple to snack on. In my opinion it’s the perfect balance of crisp, sweet, tart and juiciness.

What is your favorite apple to snack on.

McCoun

Comment

Most of the year, I go with Fuji as they are easy to find. Pink lady are my favorites lately though.

Comment

Honey Crisp is our favorite

Comment

Granny Smith or Fuji

Comment

Granny Smith
            I like a firm crisp apple and Grannies fit the bill for me

Comment

So many to choose from. Honeycrisp is probably my #1. Ambrosia and pink lady are up there too.

Comment

Fuji

Comment

Macoun We have Macintosh here but I don't like them as much as I used to. Locally we have a Spencer apple which is a cross between a red delicious and empire.
                  Last edited by Whiskeyman53; August 29, 2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Honeycrisp is my all around favorite. The new Cosmic Crisp is pretty amazing though, but hard to find in my area, usually at Costco.

Comment

One named "Envy". Seems to be across between honeycrisp and Fuji.

Comment

I'm a very big fan of the Honey Crisp and Cosmic Crisp. I'm eager to try the latest lab apple, the SweeTango, which is said to be a successor to the Honey Crisp, but I haven't come across any in my area.

Meet the SweeTango apples, a Honeycrisp-Zestar cross that first appeared on the market in 2009.

Comment

• Old Glory
                          Old Glory commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sweet Tangos are great

My all time favorite is an oldy - Winesap. But none are available locally, and the last time we picked apples, the orchard only had one Winesap tree, and it was a standard size. The apples were so high up we couldn't reach 'em...

Comment

Honey Crisp, First Kiss, and River Belle

Comment

Cosmic crisp

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here