Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pepper plant help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pepper plant help

Here are my Ghost Pepper plants, notice all of the fruit? This is my first time raising these and it looks like they turned out pretty good.
    My question is should I remove some of the fruit so the others mature faster and become bigger or should I just leave them as is? I’ve only harvested 4 pods so far but if all of these actually make it to maturity I’ll have enough for my whole county…Ha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	919B0773-F138-41C0-9FF3-708EF3045C60.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	1077898Click image for larger version

Name:	5C900FF5-FF23-44B4-9166-DFB08B4AA921.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1077899Click image for larger version

Name:	CD528EB4-4E16-41F7-8235-F8C4D38B5E94.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1077900

I don’t have any idea, but I must say for your first time…….IMPRESSIVE!

Comment

I'm no expert myself, but I used to garden before my trees grew up and the sunlight became scarce in my garden area. I used to do peppers a lot. My knee jerk reaction is no, let them babies grow. Unless later on some look to be obvious runts then maybe prune them. But again, no expert here so I might be wrong.

Comment

Let em Ride, Amigo...

It'll be over, soon enough...

Comment

Yep, as the Bonemeister stated, let 'em ride and ripen.

Comment

Agree. Leave them be. They will color up and ripen. Pepper plants aren't grape vines; they don't need thinning to improve the fruit.

Comment

If you have enough for the whole county, that is good. Let the plant do it’s thing. I’ve got Armageddon & Habanero & bumper crop it is. There is the tendency to want to hurry things, don’t, let them go. What do you plan on doing with em?

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like if Mr. Bones sends me an address I’m sending some West of me!!…ha

If'n there is a Sinfully Gluttonous excess of them, an bein's yer a Long-Time Pit Member, I can provide ya a Cost-Free, 100% discrete source of disposal, to help avoid any Public Embarrassment, or ridicule...

Comment

• surfdog
                surfdog commented
                Editing a comment
                Now THAT is a proper answer to such a "delicate" situation. LOL

Leave them as is. Throw some fert down if you have not already. You something like a 2-3-2 fert. You don't need nitrogen as much as you need Phosphate and potash. Neptune's Harvest Fish & Seaweed is what I use.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Neptunes-Harvest-Ingredients.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	1078780

Comment

Habaneros, Scotch Bonnet, and Ghost Peppers take a long time..As stated by others...Let em ride.

Comment

To quote Messrs. Bachman & Turner, "Let it ride."
                  With apologies to Mr. Bones

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here