Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot and to do with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot and to do with them?

This morning my wife went to the local ranch to pick up the beef Jalapeño sausage. While there the owner asked if we like hot. My wife said yes meaning me. He gave her these. Didn't ask what they were so I texted him. They're Thai Kristian chili peppers. 75K on the Scoville scale, so hot. I'm thinking of dehydrating in the Ninji Foodi. Then grind up to a powder. Anyone ever had these and if so how did you use them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210809_114021.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1074845

slice one or two up and chuck it in a jar of pickles for at least a week.

Comment

I’ve not used that specific variety, but I have made my own chili powder with dried chilies. It’s a winning idea!

Comment

Thai food, of course. I keep a bag in my freezer.

Comment

You could take one or two of em, plop em in a food processor or blender with some other select ingredients & make a sauce.

Comment

Feed them to guests that don't know when to leave...

Comment

Throw them on a pan of kosher salt (split with cut side down) with some garlic. Smoke at low heat until dehydrated. Then grind up the Chili's and mix back into the salt. I do this with ghost and reapers. Best smoked seasoned salt there is.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds Delicious, Amigo!

I just used some of my jalapeños and Thai Chilies mixed with onion, several mangos, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Blended it all together and this makes a super marinade for chicken!!

Comment

As the saying goes from the 1960's "Burn Baby, Burn!"

No, no, no, no, don't Burn me no more
                Tired of heat burn I don't adore
                No, thank you, please, it only makes me wheeze
                And hard to find the Tums behind the door
                Last edited by bbqLuv; August 10, 2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I have Thai and poblano peppers.

I am planning on doing a yellow Thai curry, Thai enchiladas, maybe some stuffed peppers, some kinda of Thai pepper salsa, and this amazing steak recipe.

Comment

Sounds like some thai food should be in the offing. Pad Kee Mao or thai green curry would be a fine place to use those bad boys. Thai green curry chicken is probably one of the easiest dishes to make provided you pick up a jar of green curry paste

Comment

I decided to dehydrate them in the Ninja Foodi. I haven't used that function yet so thought a good opportunity to do so. On at 135 for 6 hours. That was the Foodi's default. Here's a link to a nice article on how to, what to do with them after and other goodies of information. I'll report back when I get the results.
                      ​​​​​​
                      ​https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/p...ating-peppers/

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        that site is a Great Resource!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here