Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's haul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's haul.

This is what I picked today. I made pico de gallo yesterday and used a bunch of tomatoes, but still had more than I picked today on hand. We're runnin' out of friends to give tomatoes too.

And I had a BLT last night, and a tomato sandwich today. I don't can any more, but will freeze more tomorrow...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210807_161837[1].jpg
Views:	201
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1074038

Nothing like fresh tomatoes.

Comment

When we lived in middle GA there were so many great small farms around to get tomatoes like yours along with peaches of course. A BLT was my first sandwich to make followed by a good burger and then a salad, one forgets how good they are until you get really good ones.

Comment

There are very few things as overrated as most store bought tomatoes. Those are beautiful. I can see it all now, a smash burger patty, two slices of one of those, a leaf of lettuce, a paper thin slice of red onion, three dill pickle slices, mustard and a toasted bun. Life would be so good!

Comment

Not to hijack, but while we are pickin, this mornings haul, Armageddon. Click image for larger version  Name:	9146A934-00E3-40AE-BCC8-A17A3D515352.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	1074419
          Last edited by FireMan; August 8, 2021, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            It is okay. You did save the planet from that astroid after all. Nice looking peppers.

Nice haul today.

Comment

I made spaghetti sauce with some of the tomatoes today and there was enough for 7.5 meals for the two of us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210808_225650[1].jpg
Views:	140
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1074575

And yes - I know I spelled spaghetti wrong on the bags...

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Tomatoes in the south are pretty much done by June so I'm about 2 months ahead of you. My salsa and tomato sauces are almost depleted. Enjoy your bounty while you can !!!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here