Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Urban Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Urban Harvest

Cukes like crazy, Some Awesome Green Beans and Mystery Peppers. If anyone can ID the peppers, I would be grateful. The label on the plant said jalapeño. These are clearly not jalapeño.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5915.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	1070869Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5917.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	1070870Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5923.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	1070868

Might be cayenne. Nice harvest, by the way.

Comment

Good job! Always good to grow your own!

Comment

Looking good.
        If it were me I would do a stare and compare with a verify pictures of peppers.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; August 1, 2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Miss a garden, don't miss the work watering the darn thing when your dad creates one big enough to feed the township with okra, cantaloupe, and watermelon.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            We have our garden all set up with automatic irrigation. Sounds like your dad did the same thing.

Looks cayenne-esque to me. Take a nibble, if it's hot it's a hot pepper, if not it's a mild pepper.

Comment

Thai bird chilis? I used them at my old job for making a south east style sausage.

Comment

I planted a pepper like that this year called "Garden Salsa". They seem to be a little hotter than Jalapenos. Nice garden haul btw.

Comment

• troymeister
                troymeister commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you are right. I have been Googling pepper pics for a while and Garden Salsa
                seems to be it. Funny, prior to now, I never heard of garden salsa peppers before. I guess we’ll be making salsa soon.
                Last edited by troymeister; August 2, 2021, 05:30 AM.

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                This is my first time growing them. More Heat than I planned on but that's ok. I'm letting some turn red to see if they mellow. Our peppers are just starting to come on. Crazy Gardening year. Soooo dry.

Nice haul! The weatrher here totally wrecked my garden. First a ridiculously hot June with temps in the triple digits, then the wettest July on record. Blight, mold, yellow leaves. Was able to get some summer squash but tomatoes and cukes are sickly looking pathetics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here