Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun dried tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun dried tomatoes

Lately I've been fascinated with sun-dried tomatoes. I'm wondering if anybody has used them in any kind of barbecue or smoke pit recipe?

This guy has: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...omato-raisins/

Comment

• Joetee
      Joetee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Anyone else use sun dried tomatoes in a pit recipe?

Comment

I used them in a rolled, stuffed pork loin recipe, I found on bbqpitboys.com. They were not in their recipe. I added them on a whim. Turned out great. Really added a nice acidic tang to cut the richness from the other meat and cheese in there.

Comment

Made and Used the Tomato Raisins mentioned by MBMorgan and Meathead. Good on pizza, salad, and stew.

Comment

Not so much on a smoker but in stews and sauces, slow cooker meals, chili’s
          Off the top of my head on a smoker, fatties, smoker chili, smoked beanz, skies the limit really

Comment

If you figure it out, let us know. I have a jar of sun dried tomatoes in the pantry that I need to use. I bought two for a recipe some time in the past year, thinking to double the recipe, and I didn't, but heck if I can remember what I used them in. It's not something I saved in Paprika.

Comment

• SmokingPat
              SmokingPat commented
              Editing a comment
              Won't use up the tomatoes quickly, but consider scrambled eggs with pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here