Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Top 5 Most Hated Vegetables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Are Your Top 5 Most Hated Vegetables?

Brad of North Georgia just got me to thinking. Which I rarely do 🙄 He asked me why I didn’t like certain vegetables. Part of it might be because of the crap canned stuff I grew up with, not sure. But anyway, some of it I’ve had fresh since then, and still hate it. Here’s my top 5 worst vegetables I’ll never eat. Some of these are in no particular order. Feel free to add your own "Honorable Mentions" if it’s more than 5.

1. Brussel Sprouts
    2. Broccoli
    3. Beets
    4. Kale
    5. Rutabagas
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 24, 2021, 12:29 AM.

1. Turnips

That's pretty much it.

Comment

Not sure I have a top 5 most hated, rather maybe a top 5 I have not learned to cook in a way that I would like.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 23, 2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

1. Crab grass
        2. Poison Ivy
        3. Dandelions
        4. Poison Oak
        5. Rag Weed
        You asked.

Comment

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          HAHAHAHAHA that was good i needed that 😎😎😎

• au4stree
          au4stree commented
          Editing a comment
          Poison sumac would like a word

1) Eggplant
        2) Beets
        3) Eggplant
        4) Beets
        5) Eggplant w/Beets

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I take it ya don’t like eggplant with yer beets.

• Sam6687
          Sam6687 commented
          Editing a comment
          just about the only 2 things in a garden I won't eat, just about everything else, I can at least tolerate.

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          must try grilled eggplant!

1. Brussels sprouts
        2. Lima beans
        3. Eggplant (although I like it a couple of ways)
        4. Okra
        5. Most other beans
        Last edited by Dewesq55; June 23, 2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

It would be easier to list the vegetables I will eat; potatoes, corn, beans/peas, pickles, anything that goes into hot sauce, broccoli and asparagus.

Comment

1. Brussel Sprouts
            2. Beets

And that’s about it. So to fill it out to 5 I’ll delve into herbs and fruits

3. Cilantro
            4. Cantaloupe
            5. Honeydew

Comment

Cooked Spinach
              Cooked Carrots
              Beets

Comment

Any of them from a can, and f***ing Brussels sprouts. I refuse to ever visit Brussels, or Belgium for that matter (unless I'm invading it) because of their bitter, vehement, nasty little contribution to the "Fruits and Vegetables" section of the pyramid. It was a corrupt multi-national conspiracy that lead to the elevation of that noxious, invasive, soul-robbing weed into the food chain. I think it was to get even with the Germans for aforementioned invasions, but why punish the rest of us? It is even written of in the scriptures: "Thou shalt not taketh the vile Sprout of Brussels into thy repast for it is evil in any of its incarnations " Rotgutticus 1:1. I'll happily slurp Soylent Green before I let the tiniest leaf of that Devil's Cabbage cross my lips. I have read that even Hercule Poirot detested the disgusting and offensive "culinary treat" from the country of his birth, though I'm told he did enjoy a good Fromage de Buxelles from time to time.

Other than that, I'm pretty cool with everything else. Who doesn't love a good jicama?
                Last edited by CaptainMike; June 24, 2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So…..I take it you’re not real fond of Brussels Sprouts?
                  Last edited by Panhead John; June 24, 2021, 12:46 AM.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you tell us how you really feel?

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right there with ya!

My wife loves cooked spinach (and related greens) but cannot eat them. During the cooking process, an enzyme is released that causes her to be violently ill about an hour after eating it. That did make for an entertaining car ride home from dinner one night, before we knew

As for me ….. Eggplant and beets are way high up my "never gonna eat you" list. And Kale. That stuff is stupid.

Comment

Liver

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                    Uncle Bob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Plus 1000

• Murdy
                    Murdy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are they making Impossible Liver now?

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The only thing worse would be liver flavored Brussels sprouts.

Panhead John
                  Huskee

The two 2nd shift rutabagas I have to clean up after everyday.

Rockwell engineers.

Comment

I don't hate any veggie, but there are some that I just don't see the point of. Eggplant... too much prep and fuss for the results. Beets are fine, esp the orange ones but they take way the hell too long to cook.

Brussel sprouts, you all just need to learn how to cook them. Or make them salad - shave them thin, toss in a mustardy dressing. Also, don't buy the large ones.
                    Last edited by rickgregory; June 24, 2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• RustyHaines
                      RustyHaines commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, buy the smaller, fresh Brussell sprouts. Truly makes a difference.

1. Beets
                    1. Turnips.
                    2-5. Any vegetable that masquerades as meat.
                    Last edited by pkadare; June 24, 2021, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here