Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Lobster Tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Lobster Tails

This is only my second time grilling lobster tails but they turned out excellent and were much easier than I expected.

I got a pack of lobster tails from Luke's Lobster and these were about 4 ozs each. I split them down the middle and butterflied them, gave them a hit of oil and a bit of salt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201015_123330.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	924230

I loaded up my SNS on my SNS Kettle with a bit less than a chimney of charcoal and got some butter melted with some garlic and lemon zest, and lemon juice:

Name:	20201015_123350.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	924229

Name:	20201015_123857.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	924228

I basted the lobster with the butter and cooked it flesh side down for about 2 minutes. After a couple minutes when the meat just started to get a bit of color I flipped them over and finished cooking until the meat was opaque and 135-140 degrees:

Name:	20201015_123959.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	924231

I also grilled up some lemons to finish them off and got to eating!

Name:	20201015_124301.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	924232

Luckily my kids weren't interested in lobster for lunch and stuck with their PB&J. My mom was over for lunch so between me, her, and my wife we finished these off in no time at all.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to eat more lobster. Of course it won't be an every week type of thing but I need to do it a couple times a year rather than once every 5 years. Super easy, quick, and delicious.

Man that looks good. This girl at work is always talking about lobster.

Comment

Nice. I grilled surf & turf this past weekend. Filets and lobster. But my tails weren’t as big as yours. Great job. Yum

Comment

Ha! I have tails being delivered tomorrow. S & T Sunday with a Waygu flat iron steak! Must be in the air.....,

Comment

Spiny lobster season just started here, I might have to hit the Dockside Market on Saturday. I bet I can pull off something close to Puerto Nuevo style lobster with the vortex.

Comment

I love me some grilled lobster. And you know I love that butter in the cast iron pan!

Nice work man!

Comment

Grilled Lobster Tails are the BOMB!!!

I will split my tails completely in half so the flesh will actually sit in the grill completely to give a touch more char.

Also if you never have tried it, make some home made lemonade with grilled lemon halves. It is great for making some adult beverages!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Awesome! Lobster and butter, can't beat that combo!

Comment

Man, that bologna sandwich I just ate doesn’t compare lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here