Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20# shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20# shrimp

I just received 20# of plate frozen head on Gulf shrimp 16-20per pound. From Louisiana Direct Seafood

That is a big pile of shrimp! I'm stocked for a long time.

Nice! Looking forward to hearing how you like them.

Comment

A couple of years ago we visited a cousin in Savannah whose brother is a shrimper across the border in SC. He asked if I wanted some shrimp, and I said of course. He left and came back with 150lbs of fresh just off the boat shrimp to split with me. So I ended up with 75lbs. Took forever to process that shrimp; it lasted around a year. We gave a lot of it away.

Looks like you are in for some good eating!

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't imagine that many shrimp. I have already given away abound 6 pounds. Looking forward cooking and eating them.. Will share pics.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm, I don’t recall getting any.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        ofelles it was a shock, When he started pulling boxes out of his truck my mouth fell open. We had to go and buy ziplock bags and a several Styrofoam coolers to get them home.

We love shrimp, but 20 pounds is an awful lot. Can’t imagine what I would do with 75 pounds! Regardless, enjoy!

Comment

Shrimp scampi, Oh yeah,

Comment

Low Country Shrimp Boil....yum!!!

Comment

Yer gonna need a bigger Shrimp Cocktail glass, Brother!

Comment

Oh wow! Thank you for posting this! I could be in trouble with this one! Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook and I’ve always wanted to use whole shrimp, mainly for presentation which......I know, makes it a bit more $ but...

i can go sparingly then use the other shrimp for gumbo and use the heads and shell for stock....

this is great! Hahaha. The little things that excite me.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Really Good Shrimp is summat to git all kinda excited bout, fer us non coastal denizens...

20 lbs of shrimp is a small shrimp boil around here, maybe feed 8 people but probably less..

Comment

"Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

Comment

When the shrimpers we know are running, I'll buy 150 lbs at a time, and split it between a few people. So great!

Keep those heads to make stock!

There is certainly no wrong way to cook a shrimp, but try out some shrimp and grits! So good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here