Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Trout Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Trout Ideas

Hey bbq brothers and sisters! Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. I am cookin up a couple whole trout this evening on the ole okj bronco drum and was lookin for some new ideas. I usually score the skin, give em a good rubdown with some duck fat and fill the body with some herbs and spices (whatever I have on hand) then throw them directly on the grate around 325 with some alder chunks. Im a big fan of nice crispy fish skin, but lookin forward to hearing how y’all do it! Cheers!

Mix some coarse sea salt with water so it turns into ‘wet sand’. Place a 0.5 inch thick layer on a sheet pan, then the fish, then another layer on top, so the fish is completely covered with salt. Now bake it in the grill at 400 F until done. I use a Thermapen to check temps, as its probe is thin so I can poke a hole through the hardened salt crust.
    when the fish is done, place the sheet pan with fish on the table. Crack the salt crust open with the back of the knife (whack it), unravel the fish and enjoy.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Great recipie @Henrik
      Will be tried👍

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Henrik - I saw your video on this recipe. It looked interesting

Salt an pepper in a skillet with butter. Squeeze of lemon after its done.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the way I usually do it. I like simple.

• crazytown3
      crazytown3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I bring a pan and butter with me on backpacking trips just for cooking fresh caught fish. (Almost) nothing better.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here