Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Potatoes with parsley salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, we sure enjoyed it.

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Looks tasty. I've never had caviar and it's been a long time since I had sardines. Hope you enjoyed it!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied

We picked up taters today to either go along with the ribs for tonight, or the boneless (by my doing) picnic that is getting cooked overnight.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    started a topic BBQ Potatoes with parsley salmon

BBQ Potatoes with parsley salmon

That’s right, this time the potatoes play lead role. It is one of those vegetables you take for granted, but well cooked it really stands out. I served it with salmon and a great (cold) caviar sauce.

Ingredients
    Potatoes
    2 baked potatoes (raw)
    2 sundried tomatoes
    2 sardines
    1 tbsp canola oil
    1 turnip cabbage (bonus veg)
    Fish
    1 kg salmon, with skin
    2-3 tbsp persillade (chopped parsley and garlic mix)
    Sauce
    2 dl / 0.8 cups creme fraiche
    2 tbsp caviar (black)
    a touch of olive oil
    a pinch of salt

1 tbsp mayo
    2 tbsp sour cream

Instructions
    Start by rubbing the salmon with the persillade. Cover it well and put in a plastic bag in the fridge. Let it marinade for at least one hour.

Salmon with parsillade rub:

Click image for larger version

Name:	salmon_rubbed.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	88092
    Get your grill started, configure it for indirect grilling. This time we run it slightly higher, at 140° C / 280° F. Place the potato and turnip cabbage on the grate, and let them cook for 1 hour.
    In the meantime, create the potato ”rub” by chopping the sundried tomatoes and sardines well, and mix with the oil.

Potato "rub", full of flavor:

Name:	potato_rub.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	88094

Place the salmon on the grill after the 1 hour has passed. Close the lid and leave it all for roughly 45 minutes.

Everything on the grate:

Name:	salmon_on_grate.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	88093
    Now check the potatoes. When they have softened, squash/flatten them a bit and apply the tomato/sardine rub. Close the lid again, and leave it until the salmon is done (inner temperature is 58° C / 137° F).
    Mix the sauce by adding caviar to the creme fraiche. Add a touch of oil, and salt to taste.
    Serve it all on a plate with some fresh salad. I peeled the turnip cabbage and diced it.

The plate, ready to serve:

Name:	final_plate.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	88091
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here