Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow Crab on the grill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Crab on the grill.

My wife bought 2 lbs of snow crab. I am hoping to grill them this evening. I have grilled king crab, with some success, but, also with equal if not more, fail. Not sure if I ever really know what I am doing right or wrong. Thank you in advance.

I've never grilled crab.
    The "bbq" crab my grandmother made was in the oven....

Interested to see what you turn out!

Comment

Well just try..😎👍

Comment

This is basically what we've always done in the oven.... Probably at 350 bc grandma baked everything at 350.

Summer does not start with my family until someone says it time to go crabbing, then it is on. The traditional way we were taught to cook BBQ blue crabs was to season them...

​​​​​​I would think in broad strokes -

1} season how you like
        2} grill on medium heat 5-10 mins a side until they look done.
        3}serve with garlic butter

We normally steam them for 12 mins...... So I wouldn't think grilling would take much longer than that.
        ​​​​
        ​​​

​​​​​​
        ​​​

Comment

I have had great luck grilling KIng Crab over direct coals. We puncture the shells in a few spots and baste with butter. Cook time is usually 10 minutes tops. Snow crab I'm guessing would cook a bit faster.

Comment

I grill them over direct heat most of the time. Hot and fast. Not many people do this, but it is awesome.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I gotta try this next time.
              Do you cook from frozen or thawed ?

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              I have done it both ways. But usually from frozen.

I always boil my crab, never thought to put them on the grill. Until now, that is.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	69E02DC1-AEAD-4ACE-B06B-2A518284B26D.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	881033

Name:	59A1D57C-32D7-41D9-AA69-803760F8C69E.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	881035

Name:	82488207-E14A-4971-977E-6AD5BC80FC1F.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	881034

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that looks mighty good!

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you figured it out, good gawd those look great !!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here