Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-31 19.18.06.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	87047 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-31 19.18.13.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	87048
    Cooked the fish on the grill under indirect heat but crisped the top under the broiler. The chives and asparagus were from our garden. The side is Harvest Blend from Trader Joe's, but made with homemade duck stock. Over the top for a 40 minute Sunday night meal.
    Last edited by troymeister; May 31, 2015, 07:01 PM.

What is involved with the Parmesan crust?

Comment

I will post recipe shortly. I just made this up tonight. I took the best Ideas from several recipes and combined. Trying to remember what the heck I did.
      Last edited by troymeister; May 31, 2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I loved a Parmesan chicken my mom cooked growing up. I love smoked tilapia.

Looks really good Troy. My GF does a parmesan crusted something - although indoors - trying to recreate Macaroni's Grill's. Looking forward to your recipe and trying it on the grill. Tilapia is one of the few animals the vegetarian step-daughter likes/eats.

Comment

Bump! Hey troy, did you figure the way you did the tilapia ?

Comment

Thanks barney, was thinking about this yesterday somewhere with NO internet access. troymeister

Comment

INGREDIENTS

• 3/4 cup(s) Japanese panko breadcrumbs
              • 3/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese finely grated
              • 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter room temperature
              • 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
              • 3 green onions, green tops only thinly sliced
              • 1 teaspoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
              • 1/2 teaspoon(s) Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
              • 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice freshly squeezed (approx. 1/2 lemon)
              • salt and pepper to taste
              • 4 white fish fillets approx. 6 oz; 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
              • 2 tablespoon(s) fresh flat-leaf parsely finely chopped
            INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat oven or grill to 425°. Lightly butter a baking dish or individual grain dishes for the fillets.
              • In medium bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
              • Pat the fish fillets completely dry with paper towels (removing the moisture ensures they won't get mushy while baking); season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish or individual gratin dishes.
              • Spread about 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet.
              • Place in preheated oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Temperature should be approximately 125-130° when tested at thickest part of fillet with meat thermometer.
              • Move fillets to broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown and crisp the tops. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
              • Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.

Comment

The prodigal son returns giving, rather than receiving.

THANKS!!!!!!

Comment

• troymeister
                troymeister commented
                Editing a comment
                Let me know how it works out for you.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here