Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp on the Barbie with Coconut-Lime Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp on the Barbie with Coconut-Lime Sauce

Click image for larger version

Name:	33ABD089-D730-4E77-8262-9EBE82F7BE41.jpeg
Views:	344
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	841102We all know how to do shrimp on a grill. Right? If not, I’ll tell you how I do it in a sec. But, start by dry brining about 2 pounds of shrimp in a gallon sized re-sealable baggie with 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt for a couple hours.

After the shrimp are sufficiently brined, start the sauce:

2 (15-ounce) cans coconut milk
    ½ cup lime juice (5-6 limes)
    4 tablespoons soy sauce
    3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
    2 tablespoons ginger puree or paste
    3 large garlic cloves, minced
    ¼ teaspoon (or to taste) hot sauce

Whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce.

Optional: use some of the liquid as a marinade. Since it’s acidic, I wouldn’t go longer than 20 to 30 minutes. Add shrimp to a re-sealable plastic bag with enough of the liquid to cover the shrimp. Marinade shrimp at room temperature for about 20 (but not more than 30) minutes.

Place the rest of the liquid in a small saucepan.

Now, to finish the sauce...

Bring the liquid in the saucepan to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Sauce will turn a golden color. This is not a very thick sauce, and you *might* want to add a thickener.

Now the shrimp...

Remove the shrimp from the bag. Tip: You can get them on the grill faster, and flip them easier if you skewer them. But I don’t always do that.

Grill over direct heat about 2 minutes per side. Shrimp should be opaque and have an internal temp of 135. Please don’t overcook them.

Serve the shrimp with the sauce.

This sounds amazing. I will have to try this later in the week! Thank you for posting this for us.

Comment

On the to-do list for this week - thanx!

Comment

You put the lime in the coconut, drink it all up...

Comment

This sounds great! I'll have to try them this week.

Comment

Great. Tonight we are shrimp and grits so we will save some shrimp to give this a try In the next few days. Thanks Charley.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here