Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steelhead Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steelhead Trout

Does anyone have a recipe for steel-head trout?
    Preferably using a cedar plank....
    Thanks!!!

Yeah, make a flavored mayo and slather it all over the trout. Harissa and lime is a good flavor combo but you can get creative. Cook on the plank at medium-high indirectly until it reaches about 135 internal.

Comment

Cool!!!
      Thanks so much!!!

Comment

I season several ways but lately I've salted a little, a light sprinkle of salt free lemon pepper and some Marietta's Fish Rub.
        IMO the Marietta's Fish Rub is great on all kinds of seafood.
        This Marietta's fish rub recipe is a delicious blend of herbs designed to make BBQ and grilled fish shine. Whatever fish is your pleasure, this flavor enhancing herb mix is not the only fish rub in the ocean, but it is sure to become your favorite after giving it a try.

Comment

I'll disagree with Attjack not because it doesn't sound good but because you hide the fish with all of that. If this is fresh line caught rainbow, keep it simple. Salt, pepper, lemon. Plank it. Let the fish show through.

But I am stealing that treatment for the generic rockfish stuff....

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            You're missing out on the added fat the mayo brings. Try it some time.

• rickgregory
            rickgregory commented
            Editing a comment
            Your recipe sounds great. But I want to taste the fish. I don't want to cover it up, I want to subtly enhance it. That's one reason I said "if these are line-caught" as wild trout has a lovely flavor.

I like light salting, some lemon or orange slices on the fish, cover with fresh dill and butter slices on top of the dill so it drips down through. Smoke on cedar plank to your desired doneness.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here