Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange-Herbed Butter for Seafood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange-Herbed Butter for Seafood

Click image for larger version

Name:	5E7D5423-7286-4748-AFEC-1D95D1469BF5.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	817526 This has become a "go to" sauce for me when cooking shellfish. And it blends nicely with Marietta's Fish Rub, so I can imagine it will work nicely on just about any seafood. I’ve not tried it on grilled fish, but now I want to!

We all know lemon butter is lovely. Orange butter is citrusy, but different. I think it’s the "Lucky Charms" of the Sea — it makes everything magically delicious. 😂😋

Orange-Herbed Butter

Ingredients

8 tablespoon salted butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    Zest from 1/2 small orange
    Juice from 1/2 small orange
    1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1-1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped (halve amount if dried)
    Salt to taste.

Method

1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
    2. Add the garlic, orange zest, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, and tarragon.
    3. Simmer for 5 minutes.
    4. Salt to taste.
    5. Strain out solids. Keep warm.

I would love to hear what you’ve tried this on. 😊

Geez that sounds good. Have to try it on some salmon.

Comment

Looks tasty. I would try on shrimp!

Comment

Thanks so much for posting delicious recipe ideas. I've always used a lot of acid with my seafood but it's usually lemon or lime. I like the idea of using orange however, will give that a try. Nice idea !!

Comment

• Charley Langer
          Charley Langer commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome. I've learned a lot from you also. Love this place. Especially now that I'm mostly confined to home.

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve made an orange bourbon glaze for salmon, this sounds great.....and may add some bourbon to it! May peak at the seafood counter when I have to make the next grocery run so I can try this.

thanks again for sharing!

Comment

• Charley Langer
          Charley Langer commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooh! An orange bourbon glaze! That sounds really good! Care to post a recipe?

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Charley Langer let me see if I can dig it up. It’s been a while since I made it. But the main thing was reducing bourbon and orange juice together. There was a little more to it than just that, may some honey for a little more sweetness? But let me see if I can find it and I’ll post it up.

Another great contribution. Thanks Charley!

Comment

• Charley Langer
          Charley Langer commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome. and thank YOU!

I tried this butter on some halibut last night. Incredible pairing. The wife has directed me to make up a big batch to have on hand at all times.

Thanks,.

Comment

• Charley Langer
          Charley Langer commented
          Editing a comment
          I love this comment!! Thank you!

I did halibut tonight and totally messed it up. 😂 It was delicious, but it fell apart on me. I’m thinking sous vide is not (at least for me) is not my preferred way of doing halibut.

• rodkeary
          rodkeary commented
          Editing a comment
          Charley Langer I feel the same about fish and SV. It is still a work in progress for me. Experimenting with halibut or sockeye can get costly though.

My wife does a fabulous job with the fish using a fry/bake combo. I just get out of her way.

We will probably have shrimp tonight. I'll try it and report back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here